+ Reply to Thread

Default HT or facial HT?

Hi. I have some questions I am hoping someone can help me with, but first a little about myself.

I’m a 28 years old Norwegian and I started losing my hair last year. I am currently a NW 3A and I think I will end up a NW 5A by looking at my father and his family side. I am considering either a hair transplant or a facial hair transplant. To be honest I don’t think being bold looks that bad if you have a beard, but I can’t grow a full 5 o'clock shadow due to some parts on my face were it doesn’t grow anything so I feel I need one or the other.

I’m worried of doing a surgery like a hair transplant because of the strip scar, that it won’t work in the long run and especially the drugs. For a facial hair transplant I’m really scared it will mess up my face with ugly scars that I have no way of hiding.

So my dilemma is which one should I choose?

From the research I have done so far, if I’m going for a hair transplant I will most likely choose Dr. Wong due to his reputation for strip surgery. Other doctors I have in mind are Dr.Feller or Dr. Epstein (especially for facial hair), but it all depends on what their response will be when I eventually have an online consultation with them.

Some HT questions:

1. How long does the transplanted hair last? (face or head)

2. With a facial hair transplant will there be scars underneath the transplanted hair or can you have a clean shave and it will look normal?

3. How many grafts does it take before the FUE scars in the donor area will be visible if I shave my head?

4. Can they use donor hair from other parts of your body for facial hair?

Have I posted this in the wrong forum section or does people here just don't have a answer or opinion on my questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetox View Post
    Hi. I have some questions I am hoping someone can help me with, but first a little about myself.

I’m a 28 years old Norwegian and I started losing my hair last year. I am currently a NW 3A and I think I will end up a NW 5A by looking at my father and his family side. I am considering either a hair transplant or a facial hair transplant. To be honest I don’t think being bold looks that bad if you have a beard, but I can’t grow a full 5 o'clock shadow due to some parts on my face were it doesn’t grow anything so I feel I need one or the other.

I’m worried of doing a surgery like a hair transplant because of the strip scar, that it won’t work in the long run and especially the drugs. For a facial hair transplant I’m really scared it will mess up my face with ugly scars that I have no way of hiding.

So my dilemma is which one should I choose?

From the research I have done so far, if I’m going for a hair transplant I will most likely choose Dr. Wong due to his reputation for strip surgery. Other doctors I have in mind are Dr.Feller or Dr. Epstein (especially for facial hair), but it all depends on what their response will be when I eventually have an online consultation with them.
    Considering Norwegians have a ridiculously high average salary and how strong the Krone is, you'd probably be best off going to get HST and keep coming back for repeat treatments until your finished or until Aderans/Histogen come out.

I *know* you guys have a high salary when the conversion is taken into account, the Krone is stupidly high and would easily allow you to get HST. Don't get FUE/FUT and limit the number of grafts you can harvest if theres even the slightest chance of donor regeneration from Dr. Gho's method.

Some HT questions:

1. How long does the transplanted hair last? (face or head)
    Forever as the hairs from the back are unaffected by male pattern baldness.

2. With a facial hair transplant will there be scars underneath the transplanted hair or can you have a clean shave and it will look normal?
    Only the best doctors out there will give you scarless results; Dr. Gho, Hasson & Wong, etc.

3. How many grafts does it take before the FUE scars in the donor area will be visible if I shave my head?
    As long as you go with Gho or Hasson & Wong, it wont matter, its scarless.

4. Can they use donor hair from other parts of your body for facial hair?
    Yes, they can. Its called a 'BHT' or 'Body Hair Transplant'. Search for him on google. He does some pretty nice work too, essentially take hairs from the body and transplanting them into areas that are appropriate, for example he won't use leg hair for your sides but potentially more so for the crown as filler and use your head's donor for the top and hairline.

Considering Norwegians have a ridiculously high average salary and how strong the Krone is, you'd probably be best off going to get HST and keep coming back for repeat treatments until your finished or until Aderans/Histogen come out.

I *know* you guys have a high salary when the conversion is taken into account, the Krone is stupidly high and would easily allow you to get HST. Don't get FUE/FUT and limit the number of grafts you can harvest if theres even the slightest chance of donor regeneration from Dr. Gho's method.
    Thanks for the response hellouser. You are probably right that we Norwegians have very high average salary's, but you have to take into account that we also have a VERY high cost of living. Example: We have the highest prices in Europe when it comes to food and the houseing market is just ridiculous in the city's. In the end I would guess we are around the same as other European countries when it comes to salary, but I wouldn't let the price weight in, for or against my decision anyway.

From the little I'v read of HST it seems so new I wouldn't want to take a chance to be a guinea pig for that sort of surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetox View Post
    From the little I'v read of HST it seems so new I wouldn't want to take a chance to be a guinea pig for that sort of surgery.
    That's probably a good idea. It's still not really proven, in my opinion, but we are all hoping that it works some day.

You might consider trying FUE with someone who really knows what he's doing as far a facial hair transplants, but if you can grow a decent Goatee that might be enough to avoid any type of transplant if you're cool with being bald.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    That's probably a good idea. It's still not really proven, in my opinion, but we are all hoping that it works some day.

You might consider trying FUE with someone who really knows what he's doing as far a facial hair transplants, but if you can grow a decent Goatee that might be enough to avoid any type of transplant if you're cool with being bald.
    I thought they only did FUE with facial hair transplants? :S To be honest I can't grow a decent goatee and I'm not cool with being bald if I have to be bald with the little facial hair growt I have now. Is it necessary to use drugs after a hair transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Only the best doctors out there will give you scarless results; Dr. Gho, Hasson & Wong, etc.

As long as you go with Gho or Hasson & Wong, it wont matter, its scarless..
    No surgery is scarless

If they cut you there will be a scar

Depends on a lot of factors how big or little the scar will be though