+ Reply to Thread

Default Who says rock musicians don't go bald?

I can't help noticing that 3 out 5 members of this metal band are bald! And they are all pretty young too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-RGms9Kn0

1.) No one says rock musicians don't go bald, but a strong majority have their hair. You're making an moot point.

2.) No one cares about the hair status of a talentless, screamo death metal band anyways. Listen to music where the artist injects at least a shred of soul into their playing.

Pretty cool video and a cool post too especially since I am struggling with hair loss and how it relates to my appearance in the rock n roll / metal world that I love to hang out in. I often wonder how many of these musicians actually wear wig when I look at these 80s rock musicians with just ridiculously poofy heads of hair. I don't know how they could grow it like that; I couldn't even grow mine like that when I wasn't suffering from hair loss. It seems that hair loss seems to be more accepted in the music world today than it was years ago, although it's still such a huge advantage to have a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    1.) No one says rock musicians don't go bald, but a strong majority have their hair. You're making an moot point.

2.) No one cares about the hair status of a talentless, screamo death metal band anyways. Listen to music where the artist injects at least a shred of soul into their playing.
    But the singer is pretty good. Just listen to his screams, reminds me of Rob Halford.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post

You know a lot about MPB, but not much about metal music! Please don't criticize what you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Pretty cool video and a cool post too especially since I am struggling with hair loss and how it relates to my appearance in the rock n roll / metal world that I love to hang out in. I often wonder how many of these musicians actually wear wig when I look at these 80s rock musicians with just ridiculously poofy heads of hair. I don't know how they could grow it like that; I couldn't even grow mine like that when I wasn't suffering from hair loss. It seems that hair loss seems to be more accepted in the music world today than it was years ago, although it's still such a huge advantage to have a full head of hair.
    Its like anything else.

Guys like me arent tall enough, we gotta be 6ft 2

some guys arent large enough. Its not the size but how you use it right?

Then why the massive line up if they ever found a way to make it bigger?

Why the massive lineup to buy new clothes , or any other way society judges us. Accepting our hair loss does NOT mean other people will.

So, in order to make ourselves feel better , we need to look better. And not just us, but what we believe others will see as better as well.

So , who here advocates a comb over? Anyone? If you are thinning, do a comb over. No meds no nothing. All natural right?

No? How about at toupee then?

No?

Who advocates having the shoe horn pattern around their head and just shave the thin part on top ? Nobody? Why do through all the hassle to shave your whole head? Seems like total hassle to me.

We shave our head cause it looks better than the horse shoe or comb over.It looks better than a toupee.

Guess what looks even better than that? A head of hair. receded or not.

And all the wishing in the world is not going to change society's perception of it.

Hello, I'm learning to play a musical instrument like the piano and I love it. I'm 19 years old and I didn't go to music school, I study individually, so I really want to buy a piano at home! Advice on good stores)