+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello new here

Default Hello new here

Hello I am new here. My name is Gregg Mock and I have been slowly losing my hair since the age of 19. Its kinda weird becuase before I started losing my hair. People who would cut it would use a special scissors to help thin it out so it wasnt so puffy. Then just one day puff it decided to start falling out. Now today at the age of 21 I have a receding hair line and its starting to get thinner in the middle of my head. Im a little worried about trying rogaine since I heard it doesnt do any good for a recedding hair line. Sadly I am in college and so money is a little to tight for the medication stuff. So I guess I will have to hope it slows down until im out of college. Also I have heard some talk on here about it being normal to shed in the shower. I would say on average I lose 25 hairs in the shower. Would this be a normal amount?

I have read that it is normal to shed 50 to 100 hairs per day. But I am not a doctor, just a well-researched hair loss guy. But if this statistic is true, I'd say you're experiences are perfectly normal.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Daily shedding is normal. Unless it is in significant amounts. However, the key is how many new hairs are growing in each day. If you are noticing a thinning that has occurred slowly over the past couple of years, then you are probably losing more each day then you are gaining. Consider Propecia. There is a way to make it much more reasonably priced. This will give you a chance to retain as much hair as possible.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Yeah right now im just using Nioxin which I heard is a scam and am find out first hand. I have also heard of a generic form of that Propecia. Im not sure how well it works but it is alot cheaper.