+ Reply to Thread

Default Is any one of histogen/aderans/replicell meant to grow new hair

I keep on reading that there are histogen/aderans and replicell working on finding a cure for baldness. But does any one of those promise to grow new hair or all of these are just to maintain existing hair?

And by regrowing, I mean regrow hair on an old bald head, and not regrow just few vellus hair.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I keep on reading that there are histogen/aderans and replicell working on finding a cure for baldness. But does any one of those promise to grow new hair or all of these are just to maintain existing hair?

And by regrowing, I mean regrow hair on an old bald head, and not regrow just few vellus hair.
    Read the threads on them mate...

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Read the threads on them mate...
    That will take a great deal of time mate! If someone can provide me the summary, that would be great!

That will take a great deal of time mate! If someone can provide me the summary, that would be great!
    Well I am by no means the oracle on this, there are far more knowledgeable posters than me on here, but, essentially Histogen's 'Hair Stimulating complex' (HSC) seeks to stimulate the follicles and stem cells in the scalp to grow new hair. I understand they inject some kind of protein, produced by cells, into your scalp which stimulates hair growth within follicles. They have released some photos which have had mixed reviews on here. The fact that their photography skills seem pretty average suggests they might be trying to make their results appear better than they are, but, there were some shots which showed regrowth of apparently terminal hairs.

Aderans is pursuing an autologous cell treatment. Its process requires removal of skin from a donor site on the scalp, cultivation of these cells over several weeks, and then injection back in to the scalp. They were pursuing a treatment that was supposed to make hair follicles resistant to the effects of DHT, so essentially for maintenance in apparent contrast to HSC which I think is more for regrowth.

From what I gather, Histogen have completed phase I/II trials and Aderans are preparing for phase III. Histogens latest results are expected to be announced in the next couple of months, and Aderans' later in the year. They both have mentioned release dates in the next 2/3 years but I'm not sure how realistic this is.

I really don't know much about Replicel, other than that their Phase I trial showed very minimal growth, but proved safe. They are some way behind the other two in my opinion, but are supposed to be commencing phase II in the summer of 2013.

That's pretty much what I know in a nutshell. I am happy to be corrected on anything if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Well I am by no means the oracle on this, there are far more knowledgeable posters than me on here, but, essentially Histogen's 'Hair Stimulating complex' (HSC) seeks to stimulate the follicles and stem cells in the scalp to grow new hair. I understand they inject some kind of protein, produced by cells, into your scalp which stimulates hair growth within follicles. They have released some photos which have had mixed reviews on here. The fact that their photography skills seem pretty average suggests they might be trying to make their results appear better than they are, but, there were some shots which showed regrowth of apparently terminal hairs.

Aderans is pursuing an autologous cell treatment. Its process requires removal of skin from a donor site on the scalp, cultivation of these cells over several weeks, and then injection back in to the scalp. They were pursuing a treatment that was supposed to make hair follicles resistant to the effects of DHT, so essentially for maintenance in apparent contrast to HSC which I think is more for regrowth.

From what I gather, Histogen have completed phase I/II trials and Aderans are preparing for phase III. Histogens latest results are expected to be announced in the next couple of months, and Aderans' later in the year. They both have mentioned release dates in the next 2/3 years but I'm not sure how realistic this is.

I really don't know much about Replicel, other than that their Phase I trial showed very minimal growth, but proved safe. They are some way behind the other two in my opinion, but are supposed to be commencing phase II in the summer of 2013.

That's pretty much what I know in a nutshell. I am happy to be corrected on anything if I am wrong.
    Very useful info. Than you very much!

From all the reading i've done, Histogen shows the most promise, at least in the early stages, and I am most excited by their next release in a month or two.

Aderans is the closest to release, most likely hitting Phase III within a few months/summertime. However it seems to be a much better alternative to fin(that may work for slightly less people however) regenerating dying/vellus hairs and follicles while maintaining current. SO no it does not cause regrowth, but can very well cause reinforcement and is definitely a promising near-future treatment.

Replicel has shown little promise and is the farthest of the 3, the theory is great, but they are I believe at least 10 months from another news release.

Can somebody please tell me why people are comparing Fin with Aderans?!

Aderans = Unlimited supply of donor hair

Fin = Slowing progression of hair loss

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Can somebody please tell me why people are comparing Fin with Aderans?!

Aderans = Unlimited supply of donor hair

Fin = Slowing progression of hair loss
    Because fin when it works fully completely maintains your hair and can potentially reinforce it as well.

Aderans when working on the 60% it works for, does the same thing seemingly without the potential side effects as it goes straight to the problem rather than through the entire system. It maintains the hair and causes reinforcement in vellus hairs(we'll find out if it improves hair in a better way than fin does.)

why the **** then they would even bother researching this if it can't provide that? What would be the point? Think about it