Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howdoifixthis
    • Nov 2012

So,

bhr opted out as they are not too sure what will happen in the future with my hair. gho had the strangest cancellation, not impressed. I get a phonecall on the night before the appointment telling me that the appointment had to be cancelled because the lady I was speaking to had to fly back home as her grandfather passed away.

I had my appointment with farjo today, £95 for the consultation. I liked it.

>I was made aware of shock loss, potential loss in the future and all the ethical stuff. No bullshitting me around
    >I will require 1800 first time round and if I want more it'll be another 1000
    >the technique used will be FUT and it'll cost me £7000 for the 1800.
    >I can still contact them if i have more questions.

Concerns:
    I can get gho to do the procedure for the same price and it will be without the FUT scar. Any opinions?

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

I concur with Matt. Your pics definitely display a loss pattern very typical of MPB. And yes things like traction can advance the loss because the hair becomes weak and diffused over time from the effects of MPB.

Take a peak at the Norwwod scale and you will find your hairloss class on the chart.

And I also agree that it depends on where a proposed hairline would be situated. The higher and a more mature placement of a new hairline would take less grafts. Still, you would need a larger session to re-construct a new frontal zone, more than 1200 grafts IMHO.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• howdoifixthis
        • Nov 2012

From what I understood I would have the coverage just not the density? Any pictures on what I should expect for the front?

Comment

• mattj
          Doctor Representative
          • Oct 2009

Where did they say they would place the grafts? Did they agree to treat the thin area above your ears?
          I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• howdoifixthis
            • Nov 2012

yes, they agreed to treat the thin area above my ears (400 grafts each). See attached for hairline.
            Attached Files

Comment

• howdoifixthis
              • Nov 2012

with the way i style my hair the hairline is where it should be. And having 3 or 4cm of hair to grow forward would help as my hair strands grow out long.

Comment

• mattj
                Doctor Representative
                • Oct 2009

Looking at the photo in your first post, I think you probably need a much higher number for the front. Perhaps as many as 3000. That's for a high density procedure.
                I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

Working...