+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Are you sure this is traction alopecia? With the frontal recession and thinning at the crown, it looks like male pattern baldness to me.
    I've uploaded some more pictures. It could be thinning at the crown, however look at the sides. The reason my hair is like this is because it used to be covered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	top3.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	19516   Click image for larger version

Name:	top2.jpg

Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	19517   Click image for larger version

Name:	side01.jpg

Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	19518   Click image for larger version

Name:	front1.jpg

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	19519   Click image for larger version

Name:	side2.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	19520  

Howdoifixthis,

If you want an improved look aesthetically, then forget about going to Dr Gho.

I have not seen any "wow" results whatsoever from the technique although he does smaller sessions and is conservative in his approach.

The unique selling point is the donor regeneration and the jury is still out on that at the present moment.

Take your time doing your research and have a look through the list of recommended surgeons.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    Howdoifixthis,

If you want an improved look aesthetically, then forget about going to Dr Gho.

I have not seen any "wow" results whatsoever from the technique although he does smaller sessions and is conservative in his approach.

The unique selling point is the donor regeneration and the jury is still out on that at the present moment.

Take your time doing your research and have a look through the list of recommended surgeons.
    Interesting. Upon pure speculation any ideas on how much it would cost if I used the FUE approach? I also saw your reply and you were satisfied with your results. I'm also from the UK, which surgeon did you use?

The price of having FUE will depend on how many grafts you require, what country you are having the surgery in and finally the rate the clinic charges per graft.Additionally you have to filter in travelling and accommodation costs.

My situation was different to you as I had poor work in the past in the Uk and went for strip in the end with Dr Feller.

Every individual person is unique in their requirements.

Narrow your search down to five clinics you feel are best to help you achieve your goal.

Have online consultations with them as I believe they are free or alternatively send your pictures to some of the clinic representives on the site. Try to have a couple face to face consultations as they can look at your hair up close.

Don't let location deter you either as surgery is permanent and you may only ever have one surgery, so make sure you are in the best hands for the job.

Take your time and do your research.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    The price of having FUE will depend on how many grafts you require, what country you are having the surgery in and finally the rate the clinic charges per graft.Additionally you have to filter in travelling and accommodation costs.

My situation was different to you as I had poor work in the past in the Uk and went for strip in the end with Dr Feller.

Every individual person is unique in their requirements.

Narrow your search down to five clinics you feel are best to help you achieve your goal.

Have online consultations with them as I believe they are free or alternatively send your pictures to some of the clinic representives on the site. Try to have a couple face to face consultations as they can look at your hair up close.

Don't let location deter you either as surgery is permanent and you may only ever have one surgery, so make sure you are in the best hands for the job.

Take your time and do your research.
    From my reading so far I've emailed:
    - farjo
    - bhr
    - gho

....I don't mind travelling, right now I'm looking for a rough estimation on what it will cost.

So,

bhr opted out as they are not too sure what will happen in the future with my hair. gho had the strangest cancellation, not impressed. I get a phonecall on the night before the appointment telling me that the appointment had to be cancelled because the lady I was speaking to had to fly back home as her grandfather passed away.

I had my appointment with farjo today, £95 for the consultation. I liked it.

>I was made aware of shock loss, potential loss in the future and all the ethical stuff. No bullshitting me around
    >I will require 1800 first time round and if I want more it'll be another 1000
    >the technique used will be FUT and it'll cost me £7000 for the 1800.
    >I can still contact them if i have more questions.

Concerns:
    I can get gho to do the procedure for the same price and it will be without the FUT scar. Any opinions?

I concur with Matt. Your pics definitely display a loss pattern very typical of MPB. And yes things like traction can advance the loss because the hair becomes weak and diffused over time from the effects of MPB.

Take a peak at the Norwwod scale and you will find your hairloss class on the chart.

And I also agree that it depends on where a proposed hairline would be situated. The higher and a more mature placement of a new hairline would take less grafts. Still, you would need a larger session to re-construct a new frontal zone, more than 1200 grafts IMHO.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

From what I understood I would have the coverage just not the density? Any pictures on what I should expect for the front?

Where did they say they would place the grafts? Did they agree to treat the thin area above your ears?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

yes, they agreed to treat the thin area above my ears (400 grafts each). See attached for hairline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	edit.jpg

Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	19938