+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    We see an average of about 50% follicle regeneration using ACell. We have seen as little as 10% and another patient had 70% in one of his donor regions. On February 6th, 2013, Dr Cole extracted 500+ beard hairs from my right lower jaw area. He treated the donor area with ACell and it will be interesting to see what happens there. It's been 12 days and I can't even see the extraction sites. They appear no different than the pores in my skin. The beard area heals remarkably well. Those who have had beard hair extractions without ACell say the same thing. ACell seems to cause the donor area so stay pink longer.

- 35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    That is awesome and I really appreciate your information as Cole and Gho are the only to surgeons I would want to have a ht with because of the minimal/no scarring and advancements they are both making.

So essentially, ACell is still in it's early stages and Cole will perfect it even more in years to come....but if one got on average 50% donor regrowth from him and had say...6000 available in the donor area...then instead of 6000 he could get 9000+ total grafts using ACell? (given time and money were no issue)

What I am most interested is how many hairs regrow in the recipient area. Regrowing in the donor is an added bonus.

Its now expected to be 99% growth in the recipient area. With this kind of procedure I would accept 85% if we can get 50 % regeneration in the donor.

Is this possible?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    That is awesome and I really appreciate your information as Cole and Gho are the only to surgeons I would want to have a ht with because of the minimal/no scarring and advancements they are both making.
    Related to scarring, these are photos of our repair patient from last week who had previous surgeries at two separate clinics as late as 1990-1992! These scars can be fixed. We repaired his recipient area that had a pluggy unnatural appearance. We will need to wait 8 months to update with results as these photos were taken before his surgery. Repairing the donor area requires precious donor hair that would be better used on top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	strip_4mm.jpg

Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	19463

Click image for larger version

Name:	pluggy.jpg

Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	19464

- 35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office