+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 750 Grafts

Default 750 Grafts

I have been on propecia for close to 3 years now with slight hairline recession and crown thinning. I went in for an evaluation and my quote was for 750 grafts. I'm afraid that this isn't enough. Picture is posted on this post.

Thanks for the input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg

Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	19439  

Hey.

Did you have the procedure? Tell us what happened.

No, I did not. I am scheduled to have it next month. I just wasn't sure if I am crazy to think that 750 follicles are not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Robola View Post
    I have been on propecia for close to 3 years now with slight hairline recession and crown thinning. I went in for an evaluation and my quote was for 750 grafts. I'm afraid that this isn't enough. Picture is posted on this post.

Thanks for the input.
    Propecia for 3 years you say? Any sides so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Robola View Post
    No, I did not. I am scheduled to have it next month. I just wasn't sure if I am crazy to think that 750 follicles are not enough.
    I can tell you my experience. My hairline is slightly less advanced in male pattern baldness than yours is and I have no hole at the back.

I was scheduled to have 1000 grafts , for $3500 plus meds and kit for $4000 but instead she gave me 1333 grafts and the stuff free. People on here wonder why I had such an odd amount.

It was her birthday so she gave me $3 grafts , and did a great job. I actually had a good time there.

I had a 1/2 inch strip filled in with those grafts along my forehead right at the front . I then went on finasteride but its only been a month.

In my honest opinion if you are the guy who is 22 I would do some serious research on what you are going to look like.

Go look at both Grandfathers and find photos of their various stages in life and see which ones male pattern baldness you fit. Its not some exact science but you had to inherit your hairline from somewhere.

Tracy is right. You DONT want to be stuck with this hair at the front and go bald behind it. Its not worth it.

You say propecia has not stopped your thinning?

I have had no side effects from the propecia and it has stopped my thinning. My hair has been the same from when I started meds to how it is now. I never really had a regrowth stage, but the hairs I still had at the time are much thicker now.

I have no family history of balding.. uncles, cousins, grandfathers all have full heads of hair. My grandfather didn't start balding until his 60s. The only male on my mother's side was my uncle, but he died when he was 19 so I don't have the extensive history to work with that most patients may have.

I have done my homework on all of this stuff before I even considered a HT. I am now at the point of my life (25, will be 26 this year) where I feel that I can get the procedure done without any terrible long term results. I have consulted with 3 doctors, all of whom estimated between 700-850 grafts for the procedure. All of them who evaluated me said I am I great candidate especially with the amount of donor hair I have available.

I have struggled with confidence from my hairloss because it is at an awkward stage. It has not changed in 3 years and I do think that this procedure is the right thing to do when I factor in all the variables. It's stress on my life that I do not think I need anymore. Also, entering into the job market after years of post-undergrad education, I feel I need the confidence for interviews and that sort of thing down the line. Much of my current job is dealing with people one on one and it's necessary to have the confidence in order to make them interested as consumers to buy our product.

Well it sounds like you've done your research, a mild amount of grafts seems reasonable.

Only concern I might have is any potential of shock-loss? Are you also using minox in your regimen?

agreed. You have done your homework and feel this is the right move for you.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I have been on an off Rogaine for the past 2 years. The longest I have gone without taking it has been around a month. I've been consistently on it for the past 4 months now. The only reason I stop is I sometimes get headaches from it.

I have been told that I should suffer from minor shock loss, if any at all because the size of the procedure is minimal. I have also been on the big 3 for quite a while.

Do any of you know how likely shock loss will happen or had any experience with shock loss?