+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 750 Grafts

I had some. Right around the recipient area . But its not like some huge patch or something that people would notice unless they memorized my hairline like I have. And they grow back.

Did you have any 'shedding' when you went on propecia? I have been on it a month and now I have noticed its a bit thinner on top. The rest of my hair is so thick its impossible to notice.

I went through a lot of shedding. I lost about 30% of my hair within the first 3 months. Seems like a lot, but it's not a bad thing. Around month 6, I saw a huge regrowth. By one year, my hair was slightly better from when I started. Now I've stabilized at the point from where I was at then end of year 1. I still go through a normal shed once in a while, but I always have full regrowth of that hair.

Thanks dude.

I feel a little better. I am not good at seeing when my hair sheds

I just notice it in the mirror later on. I bought 5mg tablets and sliced em into 4 and choke back a piece every day.

Now its a month later and I swear the top looks thinner . If you consider the thinning area was actually bald, then I would be a norwood 3. That whole section on the top is thinning while all the rest back is think as the sides.

I really I have your re growth!!! I hit the 3 month mark today for my transplant. I would guess that about 100 hairs survived and are as long as the rest of my hair, and with some reading glasses I can magnify my scalp and see hundreds of little baby sprouts just at the skin level

So I know the procedure works.

I had the transplant done this past wednesday. My donor site has already healed and my scabbing is very minor in the recipient area. If I remember, I'll post a final result picture when the hair grows in.

Please do put up the pixs . I would love to see em.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

The number of grafts needed in your case really depends on where the hairline is placed (lowering it vs. keeping it where it is and just strengthening it) and how much work is done around the thinning crown spot.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile