Threaded View

Default How to deal with or supress ridiculous insecurities?

MPB does not bother me nearly as much as when I was younger, but there are still certain times when it really hits home . And this is one of those times.
    I know this will sound ridiculous for most of you, but you did not grown up with these people.

I have mentioned this before, but time is getting closer that I must decide what to do.

A few days ago I got an email asking me to vote on whether to have my class reunion (30th) next summer or wait till around Christmas. The planning has already begun.

I know it is all for just fun, but I just don't wish to be subjected to their mandatory hair retention contest, which are then published in alumni news. I attempted to locate the results from a previous reunion but could not find it .

But there are 2 categories: 10 people who have kept the most hair and 10 who have lost the most. I could not locate the results from the previous reunion, but I remember that out of 10 people only 1 guy made it in the "kept most hair" category. I don't remember the results of the "lost the most hair" category, but I believe all 10 were guys.

Where some people have good and bad days, I seem to have good and bad hair months. Probably due to the growth/shed cycle of minox but not really sure.

So come reunion time, if I happen to be in a bad hair month, they will know I am developing a spot in the back.

And yes I know it is ridiculous , esp at my age to worry about it, but there will be 2-3 people at the reunion that I DO NOT want to know that MPB is creeping up on me.

Thought about going back on propecia full time- sides be dammed, or just using one of the hair in the can products to get me past this.

Also thought about drinking enough liquor that I won't care about the contest or any comments made. Just not sure how to handle it.