Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    I'd go first in order to regenerate hairs before going with Rahal. Suppose you've got 10,000 hairs and you need to go for a procedure with Rahal that uses up 2,500 grafts. Well, you've now only got 7,500 grafts left to work with for future procedures.

You go with Gho first for 2,500 grafts and based on his guarantees, a minimum of 80% regrow, so lets say 80% do regrow of 2,500 which is 2,000, so you've only lost 500 grafts, meaning you've got another 9,500 for Rahal to work with.

It's just a safety measure. Both Rahal and Gho are quite expensive and as far as I know both charge more or less the same amount for procedures with Rahal being able to do more in a single session as far as I know.

Though it is interesting point you raise about donor regeneration and going to Rahal first for hairline if remaining donor can be regenerated. I'm somewhat in the same boat, 2-3 thousand grafts would essentially cure me. For my hairline I only need about 900 grafts and another 2,000 or less for my scalp spread evenly. I've seen guys with worse hair than mine right now end up with hair better than mine with only 2,500 grafts. Which is why I'm so eager to get a full 2,500 graft procedure from Gho.

In regards to CB, Cosmo noticed a follicular density rise from 71 to 109 per cm2 at 1% dosage and only slightly more at 5% (from 73 to 111) after 4 weeks of usage. However, we don't know what vehicle they were using but other users have noticed some great results, which if things go well, I'll be starting my journey with CB sometime soon as well. I'll definitely post results.
    Gho has actually done some really nice hairlines too..I think he could be a little under rated in that category...

Comment

• sanook
      • Jan 2012

I decided to experiment with a HST procedure before I take the risk with FUE.

Whats the absolute worst that will happen with my HST procedure? I lose 1250 grafts, which don't grow or regenerate? At least I walk away scarless knowing I gave it a shot.

Comment

• aim4hair
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by sanook

Whats the absolute worst that will happen with my HST procedure? I lose 1250 grafts, which don't grow or regenerate? At least I walk away scarless knowing I gave it a shot.
        Same here, HST is the safest way to go if you wanna avoid risks at all.

BTW, Rahal is one of the best FUT surgeons, but i don't think he's that good when it comes to FUE.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Did your donor hair regenerate?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by aim4hair
            Same here, HST is the safest way to go if you wanna avoid risks at all.

BTW, Rahal is one of the best FUT surgeons, but i don't think he's that good when it comes to FUE.

Comment

• sanook
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
              I believe so.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

I believe so.
                awesome! I wish there was more photo documentation on this technique tho:/....recipients results wise

Comment

• garethbale
                  • Apr 2012

awesome! I wish there was more photo documentation on this technique tho:/....recipients results wise
                  Do you think people will be able to get better (near full) coverage. I would love to lower my hairline and fill in thinning areas as they arise. I'm just worried that the multiplication isn't as good as some think

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by garethbale
                    Do you think people will be able to get better (near full) coverage. I would love to lower my hairline and fill in thinning areas as they arise. I'm just worried that the multiplication isn't as good as some think
                    Yes Dr. Gho claims in his interview with Spencer that he did a nw7 patient a 7 year, 13k graft procedure and gave him a full head of hair 50-60 cm2 density which is a full head...all you need is 35-40 cm2 to appear pretty decent hair wise

Comment

• Vox
                      • Jan 2013

Yes Dr. Gho claims in his interview with Spencer that he did a nw7 patient a 7 year, 13k graft procedure and gave him a full head of hair 50-60 cm2 density which is a full head...all you need is 35-40 cm2 to appear pretty decent hair wise
                      Very interesting. Where can I find this interview?

Also, with 35-40 hairs per cm2 you need about 8000 grafts for a typical 200 cm2 bald area in the NW6/7 realm. This may be possible in 4-5 years. It will look somewhat thin but it will be 1000 times better than slick bald NW7.

Let's hope that what Histogen/Aderans are developing can make of HST a detonator on our bald heads.

Comment

• didi
                        • Nov 2011

yes its 4-5 years with current protocol but as someone pointed out it doesnt mean you wouldnt start feeling happier after 2-3 sessions(3000-4500 grafts),

1-1.5 years into your HST you would see big improvements

Comment

• Vox
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by didi
                          yes its 4-5 years with current protocol but as someone pointed out it doesnt mean you wouldnt start feeling happier after 2-3 sessions(3000-4500 grafts),

1-1.5 years into your HST you would see big improvements
                          This is actually a very important point. I also believe that the change for a high NW patient after getting even just 3000 grafts would be overwhelming.

Some questions remain though. How Hasci proceeds to cover big bald areas (more than 100 cm2)? Do they work each time on a small area at almost "full density" (35-40 hairs/cm2) until all bald area is covered, or do they cover initially a bigger area with more sparse hair and then they increase density while proceeding to the remaining bald area? And which approach is better? For example, how would they treat the NW7 patient mentioned in a previous post?

Comment

• didi
                            • Nov 2011

They always start with hairline, most importand feature as it frames your face, i think they put more than 35 grafts in hairline, then they work towards the crown...but not going lower than 30-35 grafts per cm2

once you have good hairline and 3-4 000 grafts behind it you will see dramatic improvements,

i know its not perfect technique as you have to make many trips to reach 7500 grafts(5 trips) but knowing you will be scarr free its good feeling

if you have first session next week, 2nd one would be in November this year, then 3rd one August 2014.....in august next year you would be having around 4500 grafts maybe more if you are lucky...and not long to go...maybe by that time HST will improve and one more trip will get you fixed

Comment

• Vox
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by didi
                              They always start with hairline, most importand feature as it frames your face, i think they put more than 35 grafts in hairline, then they work towards the crown...but not going lower than 30-35 grafts per cm2
                              Considering that in each session they would not do more than 1500 grafts, that would look weird on a NW7 no? I was expecting that in such cases they would try to first give the patient the look of a NW4/5 and then go for the hairline.

Comment

• didi
                                • Nov 2011

actually you wouldnt get nw1 hairline in 1st pass, it would be more like nw2 or 2.5 if you are too nw7 with very limited donor..

the good thing about hst it that you can shave it so you can avoid looking weird till you get say 3 procedures done then you can let it grow out..

i think that is the best approach, starting from midscalp would prbbly look even more weird

Comment

Working...