Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Propecia Alternatives?

What are some good alternatives to finasteride? Just trying to maintain the hair I have now..
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Research. This has been asked many times.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

okay I know RU seems to be one, but anything else? I'm a college student and it would suck having to mix/worry about keeping the RU in good condition frequently in my dorm..

Comment

• Assemblage23
        • Aug 2009

Minox and a perfect diet(check out immortal hair's regimen) plus nizoral and a concealer, my future regimen as I recently dropped fin. I am expecting a shed at the back(where I wasnt using minox) but with the help of concealers and a good diet I hope I'll be able to have a decent head of hait for a few more years and hopefully an alternative to fin comes out by then(histogen aderans whatever they call it)

this plus minox and niz and a concealer and a healthy diet= certainly not as potent as fin but it's better than nothing for sure it will at least slow down the loss and you will not mess up your hormones in any way

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

Some claim that Saw Palmetto is a natural DHT blocker. I have never seen any data to support this claim, but it is a natural supplement and might be worth a try.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
            Some claim that Saw Palmetto is a natural DHT blocker. I have never seen any data to support this claim, but it is a natural supplement and might be worth a try.
            Thank you very much Dr. Charles, I saw that Dr. Cole had that on his website as a hairloss fighter at 320mg a day...I'm going to give it a try!

Comment

• StuckInARut
              • Aug 2012

Don't bother, I was took it for six months straight and all I experienced was shedding the entire time. I didn't regrow anything as far as I could tell.

Comment

• clandestine
                • Aug 2011

I would not bother with saw palmetto.

Go with RU, CB, or beta-sitosterol topical serum mayhaps.

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

I'd just take fin.

Comment

• burtandernie
                    • Nov 2012

People ask this many times because there arent any. There is only propecia anything else and your rolling the dice.

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                      I saw that Dr. Cole had that on his website as a hairloss fighter at 320mg a day...I'm going to give it a try!
                      If you are going to try Saw Palmetto, make sure to buy it in a "complex" form, not straight Saw Palmetto. You can find a good quality Saw Palmetto Complex in the vitamins and supplements isle in your pharmacy or grocery store.

Comment

Working...