+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I don't want to wait 1 year to see my HT results!

...GOSH! It seems like even the ultimate solutions to this disease still have their draw backs. I'm very impatient when it comes to this. I think I might be getting a HT next month (ugghh, I wish it was tomorrow!). I'm 22, I don't want to wait until I'm 23 or 24 to see my final results. Just why even f***ing bother if I'm already going to be to damn old to even worry about it by the time this shit decides its going to help me out!?

IS THERE ANY METHOD OF MAKING THE HAIR GROW FASTER ONCE IT GETS OIT OF THE "HIBERNATION" (aka BULLSHIT) PHASE!? I don't want to wait 1 whole year for this shit! I've got stuff I want to accomplish before then (that require having my full head of hair!). I'll be too old to do what I want to do by then. I don't want to abstain from it while I'm waiting this process out! I need these results NOW (or at least ASAP)! Someone please help!

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Nope, short of tattooing your scalp nothing shows results before the 4-5 month mark.

But you do not have to wait full 12 months - I had a nice hairline already 6 months after a FUE HT. If you are that impatient - suggest you do extra amounts of research, as otherwise you are deemed to fall prey for someone filling you with bullshit.

Research and be ready to travel for the best doc and then research some more. I know very few who did not spend a year on here before they pulled the trigger to go to a top doc.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    Nope, short of tattooing your scalp nothing shows results before the 4-5 month mark.

But you do not have to wait full 12 months - I had a nice hairline already 6 months after a FUE HT. If you are that impatient - suggest you do extra amounts of research, as otherwise you are deemed to fall prey for someone filling you with bullshit.

Research and be ready to travel for the best doc and then research some more. I know very few who did not spend a year on here before they pulled the trigger to go to a top doc.

Cheers
    The doctor doing my procedure is a IAHRS member. I've already done a good consultation. I'm talking about are there any products (such as supplements/pills) I can use that are affective at helping hair grow faster? I just don't want to wait 10-12 months for my final result, then another 8-10 months for my hair to grow out long. Like I said, I've got shit I want to accomplish by then with which having my final results are absolutely neccessary.

Is the Help Hair Shake a viable option? Has anyone one here used it with good results? Or is it poo poo?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    The doctor doing my procedure is a IAHRS member.
    You are only 22 years old and you found an IAHRS doctor who is willing to perform hair transplant surgery on you? I would like to know the name of that doctor. I would also like to know what your Norwood is - because it is very foolish for a 22 year old to have hair transplant surgery. Unless you have rather unusual circumstances, you are probably making a really big mistake.

You need to learn patience. There is no way to speed up the process. Do what the doctor tells you and take extraordinarily good care of yourself after surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are only 22 years old and you found an IAHRS doctor who is willing to perform hair transplant surgery on you? I would like to know the name of that doctor. I would also like to know what your Norwood is - because it is very foolish for a 22 year old to have hair transplant surgery. Unless you have rather unusual circumstances, you are probably making a really big mistake.

You need to learn patience. There is no way to speed up the process. Do what the doctor tells you and take extraordinarily good care of yourself after surgery.
    Don't worry Tracy, I knew all that before I even went for a consultation. I was 21 when I went for my consult BTW. I'm roughly a NW3 I think. My hariline and temples are pretty much gone. The doctor told me he would have said NO to most 21 year olds, but he said that I happen to be a perfect candidate for a 1500 graft procedure.

Let me ask you something Tracy. You say its "foolish" to get a HT at my age, but why? Why wait until you are old, when everyone already knows you as a bald person (or at least baldING), when you are too old for it to even matter wether you have hair or not, then suddenly go from bald to full? It makes no sense to me. It might make perfectly good MEDICAL sense to wait until you are older, but medical sense can kiss my ass! I want my hair NOW, when it matters! Not when I'm 40 and it doesn't matter whether I'm bald or full. I know that sounds immature or misguided, but that's just how I feel. I'm tired of my 18-25 year old male friends walking around with their densely-packed, full heads of hair and being the only young guy with this horse shit disease called Male Pattern Baldness (aka Male Pattern Bullshit). So if the IAHRS doctor says I'm a good candidate, and he's willing and able to fix it, that's good enough for me. I actually DO know quite a bit more about this subject than I show in my posts. I just don't like to go around acting like a know-it-all so I usually keep it simple.

Let me ask you something Tracy. You say its "foolish" to get a HT at my age, but why?
    Because you do not yet have a reasonably good idea of how far your hair loss is going to progress. If a young man in his 20's gets a hair transplant, he could be left with a very odd looking island of hair that is surrounded by hairless scalp by the time he is 40 - if not before he is 40. This is not a good situation to be in - and that is exactly why most ethical doctors will not do hair transplant surgery on younger men. That is also why most ethical hair transplant doctors will not perform hair transplant surgery to transform a natural and normal adult mature male hair line into an adolescent hair line - unless the patient is transgendered.

You need to learn patience. You are going to drive yourself into a multitude of really big mistakes if you don't - and I am not just talking about hair transplant surgery.

There is no age that hair loss no longer matters. Guys in their 40's and 50's who are bothered by their hair loss are just as bothered as guys in their 20's are bothered by their hair loss. The age discrimination thing does not fly.

I can vouch for this.

I am 46 and it sucks the same. Doesn't matter when you lose your hair if it bugs you it bugs you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Because you do not yet have a reasonably good idea of how far your hair loss is going to progress. If a young man in his 20's gets a hair transplant, he could be left with a very odd looking island of hair that is surrounded by hairless scalp by the time he is 40 - if not before he is 40. This is not a good situation to be in - and that is exactly why most ethical doctors will not do hair transplant surgery on younger men. That is also why most ethical hair transplant doctors will not perform hair transplant surgery to transform a natural and normal adult mature male hair line into an adolescent hair line - unless the patient is transgendered.

You need to learn patience. You are going to drive yourself into a multitude of really big mistakes if you don't - and I am not just talking about hair transplant surgery.

There is no age that hair loss no longer matters. Guys in their 40's and 50's who are bothered by their hair loss are just as bothered as guys in their 20's are bothered by their hair loss. The age discrimination thing does not fly.
    Tracy, you mean well, and are well-informed, but this thing you are saying about the age thing is just wrong. I'm sorry, it just is. I don't want to wait until I'm in my ****ing 40s before I can start having the hair of a 20 something. People will already know me as a balding guy. Then all the sudden at 40 something I have a full head of hair? That is so stupid! And you know it is! You can blow out this crap all day long if you want to, but you know as well as I do that hair is way more crucial at a young age. When you are in your 40s or 50s you are too old to care about having a youthful look. At that point it matters way less. I don't want the benefits of thick hair when I'm too old for it to matter. I want it when I'm young! When it actually does matter! I'm already getting close to that too old point IMO. Its just insane that people on here really believe what you said. You've been spending way too much time with these "technically-minded" people on here and way too little time in the real world.

Tracy, you mean well, and are well-informed, but this thing you are saying about the age thing is just wrong. I'm sorry, it just is. I don't want to wait until I'm in my ****ing 40s before I can start having the hair of a 20 something. People will already know me as a balding guy. Then all the sudden at 40 something I have a full head of hair? That is so stupid! And you know it is! You can blow out this crap all day long if you want to, but you know as well as I do that hair is way more crucial at a young age. When you are in your 40s or 50s you are too old to care about having a youthful look. At that point it matters way less. I don't want the benefits of thick hair when I'm too old for it to matter. I want it when I'm young! When it actually does matter! I'm already getting close to that too old point IMO. Its just insane that people on here really believe what you said. You've been spending way too much time with these "technically-minded" people on here and way too little time in the real world.
    I appreciate where you are coming from but this is where I believe you err.

I am 46. I do NOT pretend to know what its like or what I will feel like at age 60 or even 50. I have no idea .

You are in your 20s . We have also been in our 20s. We know what you are going through.

I am now in my mid 40s. You have never been in your mid 40s. So you have no idea how it feels and trying to speak to it is just guessing blind.

Its your head. If you want to go get a hair transplant, neither I or Tracy or anyone has to live with it. YOU do.

So ragging on Tracy wont change your situation - or hers - in the slightest. You are an adult. If you want to go do it. Do it.

Sometimes you are going to hear advice you dont want to hear. Either accept it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I appreciate where you are coming from but this is where I believe you err.

I am 46. I do NOT pretend to know what its like or what I will feel like at age 60 or even 50. I have no idea .

You are in your 20s . We have also been in our 20s. We know what you are going through.

I am now in my mid 40s. You have never been in your mid 40s. So you have no idea how it feels and trying to speak to it is just guessing blind.

Its your head. If you want to go get a hair transplant, neither I or Tracy or anyone has to live with it. YOU do.

So ragging on Tracy wont change your situation - or hers - in the slightest. You are an adult. If you want to go do it. Do it.

Sometimes you are going to hear advice you dont want to hear. Either accept it or not.
    I'm not "ragging" on Tracy. I'm just standing up for my point of view. She says I'm "age discriminating". IMO, she was the one age discriminating for telling me I'm too young at 22 for a HT. LOOK y'all, this is not something I'm just doing on an impulse. I did loads of research, went to not just a IAHRS doctor, but one of the most respected and experienced IAHRS doctors there is. He gave me a detailed consultation and concluded that I'm a perfect candidate for a 1500 graft procedure. That's plently good for me.

As for the age thing. You're right, I've never been 40. But I do know that when it comes to the decision between having hair now, when I'm young and it actually matters to care about the way you look, or when I'm 40 and looks mean shit, and there's the option to have it done now, trying to tell me no will only garner you a "**** you" reaction out of me. You've got to see where I'm coming from. Why wait until you are middle-aged, when it doesn't even matter anymore? 'cause it doesn't! You know full freakin' well of this fact! It's just that ****ing simple! What if someone said to you when you were 20 something "Oh, well you can't look good now, when there's beautiful women all around you and having a full head of hair is a sign of your youthfulness and vitality, but when you turn 60 we'll give you that full head of luscious hair you've always dreamed of!" are you telling me you'd be ok with that? To me it would be like "**** you, I don't want it when I'm an old coot and it doesn't ****ing matter anymore!

The only way it would matter to someone who is over 40 is if they are just starting to show signs of balding, but have otherwise been thick and full their whole life. I can see why that would be a shocker and why they would want to prevent any more loss from hapoening. But in my case, that's not going to happen. I'm already losing at a very rapid pace and waiting until I'm 40 to do anything about it would be ****ing stupid and would defeat the purpose entirely, which is to have full, thick, luscious hair during my youth. Not when I'm old and it doesn't even matter. I can just die laughing at some of the stuff people in the hairloss community actually think and believe. Like people are ok going through their 20s suffering from thin, balding hair and that it's a desirable option to wait until you are older to do anything about it. I don't give a good god damn what happens when I'm older. I want my fun, handsome years to be NOW, when they are supposed to be! How ****ing hard is that to understand!?

I'm sorry dude, but if you think I'm wrong then you are just in freaking denial. You and the rest of the people on here who think this way. That's all there is to it!