+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    but I agree with tracy definitely don't do an FUT or even FUE at this stage..I would either do CIT or HST...ONLY
    CIT and HST are just varieties of FUE with different names. Both FUT and FUE have their places in the treatment of hereditary hair loss - but neither are appropriate for someone in their 20's - unless they have uncommon/unusual circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    CIT and HST are just varieties of FUE with different names. Both FUT and FUE have their places in the treatment of hereditary hair loss - but neither are appropriate for someone in their 20's - unless they have uncommon/unusual circumstances.
    I'm well aware of this, but both of those techniques claim to have regeneration, giving you more hair to transplant in the future. How isn't HST appropriate if a person has to funds to keep getting the treatment as hairloss progresses? You can shave your head whenever you want and won't have visible scarring!

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    With all due respect, you have no clue what we are going through. You were in your 20s in the 1980s. So much has changed with media and male image standards that it makes little sense to compare yourself to those of us in our 20s now. If you're a bald young man in our era it borders unacceptable rather than simply unattractive. Just look at the number of famous leading male actors with significant hairloss in 2013 compared to 1987. Look at any commercial and see if there are bald young people. See how many men go tanning, wax or laser their body hair off, trim their eyebrows, etc. Men simply did not do that 25 years ago.

I agree with you that hairloss in any era sucks, but in your day you could go bald and be done with it. We're not so lucky.
    You are giving me the............you dont understand , things are different today pops !!!...............speech? lol

Like every generation does to its parents?

I have an 18 year old daughter and she only gave that to me once. Her mother and I were freaking that she was sliding by on her brains and didnt do any homework.

We told her she needed to get study habits or she will get her ass kicked when she goes to college.

She told us ..........look, the not studying formula is working for me so lets not mess with a good thing...........

Well she got to college this august and she promptly flunked two classes and got 'D's on the other 3.

Now she let us teach her how to study and has lights out at 11.

...but both of those techniques claim to have regeneration, giving you more hair to transplant in the future.
    At this point it is just a claim and nothing more. Dr. Gho himself even admitted it will be many years before he will be able to prove he is regenerating any hair at all. By the time we do have meaningful proof, better treatments will likely be available - and those are less invasive than transplant surgery.

At this point it is just a claim and nothing more. Dr. Gho himself even admitted it will be many years before he will be able to prove he is regenerating any hair at all. By the time we do have meaningful proof, better treatments will likely be available - and those are less invasive than transplant surgery.
    Okay I agree with some of that..but then tell me what harm is one doing at all by having HST done? you can lose more hair in the future..sure, but than you can just shave it off since HST scarring is at a microscopic level it isn't visible to the human eye. And more than likely, by the time you have an HST or two in the next 5 years there, like you said, will be better treatments out there...so one wouldn't have to worry about future loss...so worst case scenario, you have a few HST's and do that until you run out of donor hair (if HST doesn't regenerate like it is supposed to) and by this time..every treatment in the pipeline fails....you just bust out the razor and shave it all off...that is why I'm saying you can safely have a treatment with Gho at a young age, because you can always shave it all off

I'm well aware of this, but both of those techniques claim to have regeneration, giving you more hair to transplant in the future. How isn't HST appropriate if a person has to funds to keep getting the treatment as hairloss progresses? You can shave your head whenever you want and won't have visible scarring!
    You're reading way too much of the BS on these forums. CIT is Dr. Cole's version of FUE, nothing more nothing less. And HST is questionable at this point (even though I am hopeful that it will be proven one day),

I also think Baldnessfalls should wait for at least a couple of years to have any surgery. It's apparent that he is not emotionally ready for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    You're reading way too much of the BS on these forums. CIT is Dr. Cole's version of FUE, nothing more nothing less. And HST is questionable at this point (even though I am hopeful that it will be proven one day),

I also think Baldnessfalls should wait for at least a couple of years to have any surgery. It's apparent that he is not emotionally ready for this.
    I know what CIT is and what HST is, I've done extensive research. I'm just stating that you can do an HST and have no harm done because it doesn't leave visible scarring, so you could shave it all off at any point of time

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Because you do not yet have a reasonably good idea of how far your hair loss is going to progress. If a young man in his 20's gets a hair transplant, he could be left with a very odd looking island of hair that is surrounded by hairless scalp by the time he is 40 - if not before he is 40. This is not a good situation to be in - and that is exactly why most ethical doctors will not do hair transplant surgery on younger men. That is also why most ethical hair transplant doctors will not perform hair transplant surgery to transform a natural and normal adult mature male hair line into an adolescent hair line - unless the patient is transgendered.

You need to learn patience. You are going to drive yourself into a multitude of really big mistakes if you don't - and I am not just talking about hair transplant surgery.

There is no age that hair loss no longer matters. Guys in their 40's and 50's who are bothered by their hair loss are just as bothered as guys in their 20's are bothered by their hair loss. The age discrimination thing does not fly.
    To further illustrate what Tracy stated, consider the photo of our patient who came to us for hair transplant repair surgery. he had a very low hairline grafted at an early age. He expressed his anger and dissatisfaction to me with his previous doctor.

-35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	low_hairline.jpg

Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	19493