+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Costs?

Default Costs?

I work full time and don't have time to go to many different consults and compare pricing. From the little research that I have gathered I am assuming I need somewhere around 3000 grafts (I came up with that estimate by looking at phtos of people who have the same hair loss patterns of me). I live in California. On average, what is a reasonable price for a procedure with that many hair grafts? Just trying to figure out how many of my paychecks are going to disappear for a head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRuiz View Post
    I work full time and don't have time to go to many different consults and compare pricing. From the little research that I have gathered I am assuming I need somewhere around 3000 grafts (I came up with that estimate by looking at phtos of people who have the same hair loss patterns of me). I live in California. On average, what is a reasonable price for a procedure with that many hair grafts? Just trying to figure out how many of my paychecks are going to disappear for a head of hair.
    If you go to a country like SriLanka, you could get a hair transplant for 1/10th the price of what is offered in the U.S, plus you would have a vacation under the sun !

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

To both of you, do some more research... This can change your life to either great or make you wear a hat after a bad transplant for the rest of your life.

Normally top docs, offer prices in ranges and not per graft.

How do you know you need 3000 grafts? Will you do FUT or FUE HT type?

Really if you do not have time to research, don't have an HT...

Only trying to help.
    Cheers,

I definitely want to have the procedure in the states, I don't really trust going away anywhere for something this serious.

I'm gathering 3,000 grafts or so from pictures of people I have seen on this forum and comparing what they have to my own. I by no means know forsure where I stand, I'm honestly just trying to soak my feet into this whole thing. It's definitely something I really want to do, but not something I am convinced of doing just yet.

Think of yourself like a carcass of meat surrounded by birds of prey. That's the hair loss industry. If you do not spare the time to inform yourself about your options, prepare to be ripped to pieces by vultures.

Tony I think that most whom have been around the block and understand better how this industry operates and what can happen would read your post and just shake their head and probably just not comment as it gets old after a while. All it takes is for you to replace hair transplant with brain surgery. I live in Illinois and would like to have some brain surgery with someone close by just trying to figure out how much this sh*t is going to cost me so that my brain is functioning like before. How ridiculous does that sound? When many read your post they see the same thing and hopefully you can learn something from this comment. Many who have chosen to have this surgical procedure have destroyed their life or they do not live their life with the zeal they once had very few in my opinion who have had a bad experience can use it to drive themselves to become better, something to think very long and hard about.

Everyone was in the same position as me once before too, don't hurt the newbie. I just thought reaching out about this would help me take as little time off as possible.

But I'll take all the advice constructively, time to go make some brain surgery consultations...oops, I mean hair transplant.

lol.........hey tony it's meant to shake you up, this is serious business so take your time. Cost should be low down on the list you can either afford the best or do nothing. What you can't afford is to become a repair patient or a member of the get on the treadmill for life hair transplant procedure.

What most that have watched this industry can't stand outside the many that are in it and how they operate where their greed for more money has warped their brain is the newbie that walks in and thinks this is not serious business and that those same industry profiteers care about them.