+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ok , i think its safe to say that instead of hair ;

-lots of cash

-famous to boot

- hung like horse

- 10% body fat (any less is physically unhealthy)

-loved by one and all

-has super power of some kind solves all the worlds problems

I think most men take this trade off.

But to be honest, and fair about it. No. A guy with hair looks better than a guy with a shaved head to cover up the fact hes balding.

And he has to shave his head every day almost to avoid the old horse shoe shadow giving away the fact hes bald.

Low body fat looks good if you have some muscles but this dude is just too skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    But to be honest, and fair about it. No. A guy with hair looks better than a guy with a shaved head to cover up the fact hes balding.
    Not really, while most men would look better with hair than bald.
    you can't compare the look of 2 diffrent guys based on hair alone, there are other factors such as facial features and body shape.
    there are many people with full head of hair who just look ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Ok , i think its safe to say that instead of hair ;

-lots of cash

-famous to boot

- hung like horse

- 10% body fat (any less is physically unhealthy)

-loved by one and all

-has super power of some kind solves all the worlds problems

I think most men take this trade off.

And he has to shave his head every day almost to avoid the old horse shoe shadow giving away the fact hes bald.
    Hmm, if hair was so important on men, then why Diego Maradonna was rated the ugliest footballer with NW0 hair? Also, have you seen George Lucas, he also has NW0 hair, but boy isn't he ugly? On the other hand, there are many men who look good bald like Dwayne Johnson and Zidane for example. IMO hair is a bit overrated. It can make you look good, but for that you should also have other good facial features. For example, you can't look good even with a NW0 if you have a weak receding chin or a round chubby face.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong in having horse shoe, I don't even shave, I use electric shaver once a week, so there is more than a shadow showing. It doesn't matter to me. Billions of men go bald, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    there are many people with full head of hair who just look ugly!
    That is right, I have many friends who are NW0 at 32, but still look very ugly. Facial features and your body is very important. If you are fat, have a receding chin, have a round chubby face, have overbite/underbite, double chin etc, even a NW0 won't make you look good. And even if everything else is OK, you still need to have good quality hair. Many people have ugly hair, which doesn't make them look good. For example, Afro hair is even worse than bald!

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Facial features and your body is very important. If you are fat, have a receding chin, have a round chubby face, have overbite/underbite, double chin etc, even a NW0 won't make you look good.
    I agree, but if you have ugly facial features, being bald will make them more visible, cause hair will distract the attention a bit but of course will not make you good looking by itself, period.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    That is right, I have many friends who are NW0 at 32, but still look very ugly. Facial features and your body is very important. If you are fat, have a receding chin, have a round chubby face, have overbite/underbite, double chin etc, even a NW0 won't make you look good. And even if everything else is OK, you still need to have good quality hair. Many people have ugly hair, which doesn't make them look good. For example, Afro hair is even worse than bald!
    Baldozer - If you are happy with the look and genuinely think hair is overrated, then all power to you. I agree that a number of guys look good without hair. However, you could draw a comparison between hair and height. Neither are deal breakers (eg, shorter bald guys can still look good) but in all honesty, most would prefer to be taller and to have hair. I do think you are out of line with your Afro hair comment though as it's borderline racist!

That aside, I'm not looking to be a hater and it's certainly an interesting debate!

I suppose if we could become African-American...

Inactive

I can't believe you would use this ugly douche as an example. And you think that lady is attractive? Regardless, EVERYONE LOOKS BETTER WITH HAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    That bald guy looks like an ugly creep. Why on earth would you want to look like him!?

Your posts of late reek of stage three "bargaining" on the Kübler-Ross model (aka five stages of grief). You're attempting to bargain your way out of hair loss by convincing yourself that it's actually not an issue at all.

I... I honestly have nothing to say. We must come from different planets if that guy is attractive to you.

Now here is an attractive male.

"Pretty" / "Cute" / Boyish

Nordic / Germanic

Edit: I just want to point out that I don't believe these are perfect 10/10's or anything like that. Simply that they all exhibit traits that could be agreed on as being attractive. Much unlike Baldozer's example.
    They say beauty is in the eyes of beholder. And the third guy (the athlete) one looks nothing special. He has a really weak and slightly receding chin, which is unattractive.