+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I went to ask my GP's opinion of the Boots hair retention programme last year, said I was concerned about sides. He said casually that all drugs have sides, "go for it". Granted he wasn't about to prescribe it for me, but he certainly didn't condemn it or blow his stack.
    Sounds like your doctor is NOT interested in trolling an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Sorry to hear about all the stress Kirby, hang in there.

What NW scale are you atm?
    NW2.5, but very diffuse in parts. Could be worse, but I want to keep what I have, it's the anticipation of what is to come without preventative meausres that upsets me. I feel bad that I didn't notice it sooner, it all kind of creeps up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I went to ask my GP's opinion of the Boots hair retention programme last year, said I was concerned about sides. He said casually that all drugs have sides, "go for it". Granted he wasn't about to prescribe it for me, but he certainly didn't condemn it or blow his stack.
    Interesting... I did use that programme, and they said they'd inform my GP, but they obviously didn't. I thought it'd be above board. I gave up on it because it was expensive and unsustainable, and the people running it knew less about the drug than what I knew from reading hair loss forums(!). So that's why I went to a dermatologist. Almost wish I'd still had my head stuck in the sand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    NW2.5, but very diffuse in parts. Could be worse, but I want to keep what I have, it's the anticipation of what is to come without preventative meausres that upsets me. I feel bad that I didn't notice it sooner, it all kind of creeps up on you.

Interesting... I did use that programme, and they said they'd inform my GP, but they obviously didn't. I thought it'd be above board. I gave up on it because it was expensive and unsustainable, and the people running it knew less about the drug than what I knew from reading hair loss forums(!). So that's why I went to a dermatologist. Almost wish I'd still had my head stuck in the sand still.
    Did your HL get worse with fin?

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Your GP clearly knows very little in my opinion...

...I think it best you speak to a GP who actually knows what he is on about and has had a great deal of experience with the specific drug rather than a GP like yours who clearly doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Regards
    Spex
    ^ That up there.

Im seeing my GP on monday....
    I really hope they allow me a private prescription for Generic Finasteride.

Im on it almost a month now and there has been some shedding but they tell me it will halt my hair loss. I have a long ways to go but so far no side effects.

If you get generic fin, you can get the 5mg kind and chop it into 4 pieces and save yourself quite a bit of cash.

Can someone PLEASE help me? I don't want to have to give up fighting hair loss! I'm vomiting with stress every other day still. I've found out about switching GPs, but on the NHS I can only switch to another surgery every so often, and no choice of GP - I might end up with a woman GP, which would be far worse. I feel sick and trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Can someone PLEASE help me? I don't want to have to give up fighting hair loss! I'm vomiting with stress every other day still. I've found out about switching GPs, but on the NHS I can only switch to another surgery every so often, and no choice of GP - I might end up with a woman GP, which would be far worse. I feel sick and trapped.
    I highly doubt a group of guys in the same boat as you are going to be able to help you anywhere near as much as a doctor or dermatologist.

Go to a doctor. Dont like that? Then go to another one, then get a third opinion.

I am sure you will be fine. This is the best advice you can have. The only thing left to do is go do it.

Quote Originally Posted by stamina123 View Post
    Im seeing my GP on monday....
    I really hope they allow me a private prescription for Generic Finasteride.
    hey. did they ever give you any fin ? Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    hey. did they ever give you any fin ? Let us know.
    Yeah, but not the cheap stuff. I got a private prescription for the Merck branded stuff...the cheapest chemist near me done it for £37, for 28 tabs.