+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

@chrisis the dermatologist also works for the NHS and I got the fin from Superdrug. Hardly the same as buying a snort of blow in a pub carpark from an Albanian.

@doinmyheadin indeed!

@Spex thanks, man.

@drybone I think that fin is... A hair loss treatment.

@konfusion it's a single-payer system and the private sector only can do so much by law. I can't legitimately get the blood tests I need without an NHS GP's referral as the tests would be carried out in an NHS hospital. I can't just go to another GP and say, give me this please.

BTW some people in here and other forums have told me to switch to dutasteride. If I'm having this problem with fin, imagine if I told the GP I was taking a non licenced drug!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    @chrisis the dermatologist also works for the NHS and I got the fin from Superdrug. Hardly the same as buying a snort of blow in a pub carpark from an Albanian.
    The problem in general is the perception that the drug should be prescribed so casually. I would say any GP who takes a step back from that position for the safety of the patient is actually a good doctor. Sure you can get someone to write a script for you over the internet, that's not exactly decent and ethical medicine really is it?

The idea that you should switch to dutasteride underscores the irresponsibility that pervades these forums. Apparently everyone's a doctor these days

Wow, your GP sounds like such a douche bag.

Guess I should be happy to have private insurance, so I get to see whoever I want.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    The problem in general is the perception that the drug should be prescribed so casually. I would say any GP who takes a step back from that position for the safety of the patient is actually a good doctor. Sure you can get someone to write a script for you over the internet, that's not exactly decent and ethical medicine really is it?

The idea that you should switch to dutasteride underscores the irresponsibility that pervades these forums. Apparently everyone's a doctor these days
    I would agree. I think you need to see the doctor at least initially to see if you need it and have any potential concerns .

I'm wondering if I can continue the fight against hair loss now if I can't get get legit access to the only thing available at present that works. Absolutely terrified. Been vomiting with stress. Don't know what to do.

Kirby, Im sorry you've got to the stage of vomiting and feeling mass depression, it's a horrible position and I do feel for you.

But just putting it out there and I know it's probably not what you want to hear, you're on Fin and I presume you're using Minox? If the regimen is not working, could you just buzz it, work out and move on? The stress, worrying and all sorts is far far unhealthy and really isn't the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post

Yeah especially that **** TracyC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I'm wondering if I can continue the fight against hair loss now if I can't get get legit access to the only thing available at present that works. Absolutely terrified. Been vomiting with stress. Don't know what to do.
    I would probably consider becoming a shut in. I dont know if I could face the world with this ultimate stress inducing , throwing up type of terrify problem like hairloss

Perhaps you could start a non profit and get donations to cure this terrible disease.

Sorry to hear about all the stress Kirby, hang in there.

What NW scale are you atm?

I went to ask my GP's opinion of the Boots hair retention programme last year, said I was concerned about sides. He said casually that all drugs have sides, "go for it". Granted he wasn't about to prescribe it for me, but he certainly didn't condemn it or blow his stack.