+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Lower Testosterone Can Cause hairloss !?

hi all,

So, you probably know the important role testosterone plays in a man’s life. Recently...after some research, I found that lower Testosterone can cause hairloss. "After age 30, most men begin to experience a gradual decline in testosterone. A decrease in sex drive sometimes accompanies the drop in testosterone, leading many men to mistakenly believe that their loss of interest in sex is simply due to getting older."

So I have some Symptoms of Low Testosterone :

-Decreased body energy
    -Depression
    -Have trouble concentrating
    -Insomnia or too sleepy
    -Sweating (frequently)
    -Pectoral (breast) fat
    -Fatigue easily
    -Pot Belly
    -Decreased muscle mass and strength
    -Loss of body hair and head hair
    -Smaller, softer testes
    -Lower sperm count
    -Obtaining and maintaining an erection
    -Loss of bone mass leading to osteoporosis

These symptoms usually belong to elderly people !! So if you are young ( 20-30 + yo) and you have this symptoms is possible to have Low Testosterone !
    Think... As you get older, as more hair falls from your head and those symptoms...begin to appear...Elderly people usually have a low levels of testosterone
    Personally, I think I have 70-80% of those symptoms, except those about erection(libido). But to be sure I should take some blood tests. These problems appeared since my hairloss started (4-5 years ago). Until then I was energetic,full of life, full of hair, no sweating, no decrease in my enjoyment of life, no belly, no loss of body hair,no muscle decreased, etc

And I just spoke with my doctor. So those who have this problems probably they need to try to increase their testosterone level (especially me), and their problems will be solved (slowly by slowly) and maybe this, can slow down your hair loss. Of course, to regain your hair, maybe you should go with: The big 3 treatment.
    BUT: Here is the tricky part: If you have lower levels of testosterone you cand lose your hair - If you have a high level of tesosterone you can lose your hair !!!

so be verry carefully with Testosterone levels beause it can cause serious problems !

I forgot to mention some thinks:

a a main symptom: Your hair is growing slow and you shave less !

and a LOWER Testosterone produce more DHT to compensate for missing T.

So this is not normal !

So let me get this straight, you suffer from low testosterone and need to increase it to gain overall health. BUT, by doing so you also run the risk of hairloss which at the same time is a symptom you're currently experiencing?

hi,

That's why I said: Here is the tricky part: If you have lower levels of testosterone you cand lose your hair - If you have a high level of tesosterone you can lose your hair !!!

Your testosteron levels must be "controlled" : Neither too high - Neither too low, and for that you must do regular blood tests.

I'm not saying that If you increase your testosteron level, your hair is back !!

I'm saying that if you adjust your Testosterone levels, your hair loss can be slowed but do not expect to regrowth your hair. For that maybe we can try The Big 3 treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    So let me get this straight, you suffer from low testosterone and need to increase it to gain overall health. BUT, by doing so you also run the risk of hairloss which at the same time is a symptom you're currently experiencing?

YES ! you are absolutely right !

I need to increase my T level to get rid of those symptoms and maybe slowed down my hair loss...but in the same time I have to be very careful because, high levels of testosterone = hair loss (So I stop where I started )

yes lower testosterone causes hair loss, that's exactly why castrated men lose more hair then ever

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    yes lower testosterone causes hair loss, that's exactly why castrated men lose more hair then ever
    hey men, I'm just saying an idea! I have no time for bu***hit !

Lower Testosterone is one of the main causes of hair loss !

and of course lower level of T is is due to inadequate nutrition, fatigue , a life filled with problems and etc.

konfusions comment was pure jest because castrated men do not lose their hair due to MPB.

DHT is a byproduct of testosterone. If DHT is the final "straw that breaks the camels back" as it were, if you lower Total T, you will have lower DHT and therefore less hair loss.

Hair also needs ample protein and Vitamin E. Vitamin E and protein interplay with testosterone. You may in fact have a Vit E deficiency or protein deficiency thats leading to lower T, but the hair loss (more likely breakage and incomplete growth) is being exagerated because of the vitamin and protein deficiency, not the testosterone.

lower T does not equal low DHT. It's the exact opposite actually. If T went too low, then estrogen would take over and you would start looking like a woman but the opposite actually happens

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    lower T does not equal low DHT. It's the exact opposite actually. If T went too low, then estrogen would take over and you would start looking like a woman but the opposite actually happens
    well I am not sure about hormone levels anymore, once I read somewhere higher total T and lower free T was good for hair. And then as you age your DHT also decreases with T. so lower T sometimes mean lower DHT. confused.
    also there is an opinion that after you block DHT conversion body increases T levels at first but after a while as the increased T levels are not converted as they should, body down regulates T production so it is also possible to have low T on DHT blockers. I think this works very differently for everyone.
    for my case, my last blood work showed high total T and lower free T. I don't know hot to interpret.