What NW level am I? (with pic)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcmjlm
    • Feb 2013

yeah i have the thickest hair in my immediate family, out of 3 of my siblings. with me being the only one in the family with a hairline as high as mine, i was just asking if that made me a candidate to being bald.. hope i don't.. does anyone know if my hair is thick, if that lessens my chances of going bald or not?

Comment

• custards
      • Sep 2012

Well yeah once the high corners are reached it won't keep marching back through thick hair. If it's going to go any further I think you'll be able to notice gradual thinning later if you're looking for it. Thick hair isn't in danger yet.

At least that's my understanding of mature hairline vs actual balding.

Comment

• mcmjlm
        • Feb 2013

Wonder if I'd be eligible to get hair transplants and how much it would be to get a hairline that goes across?

Comment

• drybone
          • Dec 2012

Hey Dex.

That photo of you is a norwood 0 or even -1.

You got a ton of hair.

Comment

• Aeroes
            • Feb 2013

I'm 22 have a similar hairline maybe not quiet as receeded, though my hairs thick and I can still manage to cover my receeding hairline. It's hard if you get sweaty from exercise/swimming though.

Comment

• Assemblage23
              • Aug 2009

You are the perfect NW2 exemple, it could be your natural hairline and stay that way for a while. Watch your hair take pics get on meds as soon as you are sure this is MPB

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

Its only MPB if you have bald spots that were not there before or your hair is noticeably thinner if neither applies you dont have MPB.
                The first person to notice it if you pay attention will be you.

Comment

• akai
                  • Dec 2012

Was going to start a thread on this. Have a friend with normal hair but his brother who is 7 years older is losing his fast. He's been trying to find out if that will increase his chances? I'm assuming it's pretty much a crapshoot? I had thinning on my crown yet my father at 62, although grey, has a perfect hair line and thick curly hair. It's basically the same head of hair he had at 15. It's ridiculous. lol.

Comment

Working...