+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    I think that would still cause issues because you'd have a larger number of follicles extracted and thus they would be close together and that could compromise the healing. Gho mentioned this in one of the interviews using an analogy about cutting yourself once and having it heal good but multiple cuts close together don't.

I think healing is overrated, if we see hairs growing withing a few weeks then after 4 months it should be fine, by 4th month these hairs are growing normaly and extracting neighbouring hairs should not be a prob,

I dont know if Gho tried this already but giving it a go wouldnt hurt,

As hellouser said, in 1st pas he could target 1s and 2s, then 3s in 2nd pass....

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    At which stage are you right now and how hair loss is progressing on you? Do you believe that 2500 grafts can correct your problem? Sorry to derail the thread but I think it is useful to have lateral talk and thoughts exchange in a more personal level.
    Hard to say. I'm 28 years old and my hairline has obviously receded. It hasn’t gone so far back as to make it noticeable that I’m clearly balding since at my age and up most men WILL have their hairline recede by at least 1cm anyway, so its stronger than a mature hairline. However, my temples have gone bad and my scalp all over has thinned out drastically. I still have a lot of volume and can make the messy bed-head spiked look, but it starts to look pretty thin. I don’t have any bald spots so essentially, I’d need 2,000-3,000 grafts to give myself some fantastic volume. 900 grafts would be used on my hairline alone (27cm in length with a density of 30-35 grafts per cm2), with the remainder on my scalp and temples leaving 1,100-1,600 grafts. It’d do wonders. My case is a little less severe than Wesley Snejder’s.

Dr. Gho IS GOING UP in the number of grafts per procedure. On his website, it now shows they can transplant 2520 grafts in one day!!!!

I think the 9 month waiting list is to gurantee the regrowth 100% for all cases, as you know ppl heal differently. Many ppl would be fine with less than 9 months, i beleive GC went for his 2nd treatment after only 6 months from the first and he was fine.
    But HASCI make rules that could apply for all cases even the hard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    In its current shape and form there is no way it will become mainstream, it simply isnt on par with fue/fut some key areas.
    Any suggestions?
    Yes, you're just wrong - if HST works as claimed then every other procedure is unadulterated $__t by comparison.

The main reasons HST hasn't taken off is that HT doctors don't believe/ don't want to believe it works - they have a nice little earner going - and because the HST growth boosters applied to the extracted part of each graft are not FDA approved. This means if it took off US HT doctors would be shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Yes, you're just wrong - if HST works as claimed then every other procedure is unadulterated $__t by comparison.

The main reasons HST hasn't taken off is that HT doctors don't believe/ don't want to believe it works - they have a nice little earner going - and because the HST growth boosters applied to the extracted part of each graft are not FDA approved. This means if it took off US HT doctors would be shafted.
    It's been proven and proven over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    It's been proven and proven over and over again
    I agree that the evidence is very very strong now.

Speeding up the time required is the big one for me. If they could do that than theoretically you wouldn't even need Tsuji-Lab or Lauster.

Some people bring up the healing issues but I think that's a bit overstated. For example, here is an isolated area from gc83uk's donor after his 2nd procedure:

After 2 days:

After 9 months:

More than half of the follicular units in the area were extracted. The majority of extractions were right next to each other. gc only had a 700 graft procedure so there was more than enough space to extract elsewhere. Regardless, the area seemed to heal up just fine.

That doesn't mean that I don't think healing is an issue. I'm sure it is but I think there's definitely room to increase the size of the procedures. For example, I see no reason why 2.5k grafts can't be the "standard" procedure in the future rather than the 1.2-1.4k graft sessions that are most common now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    For example, I see no reason why 2.5k grafts can't be the "standard" procedure in the future rather than the 1.2-1.4k graft sessions that are most common now.
    What does it take to get a 2.k graft session done? I mean, suppose you have the money ready and you say to Gho 'I want this much, take my money' why would he say no?

also young people heal faster, for example 25 yo will heal much faster than 55 yo but currently they are both have to wait 9 months which is crap, healing time can be adjusted depending on age, also non smoker heals faster than smoker

Right now Gho put 60 yo smoker in the same bag as 25 yo perfectly healthy non smoker

Point is theres absolutaly no need for younger patients to wait 9 months

and also he could increasy sessions according to patients age, i.e younger guys get more grfts since their healing is faster