Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • didi
    • Nov 2011

HST needs improvements- suggestions?

Lets face it, in order for HST to get more popular technique in hair restoration industry it needs big improvements or else it will just remain in shaddow of FUE/FUT till REAL Hair Multiplication
    arrives, which is could be in the next 5 or 10 yrs,but it will happen.

In its current shape and form there is no way it will become mainstream, it simply isnt on par with fue/fut some key areas.

The biggest issue with current HST is not high cost of procedures but its TIME needed to achieve desired goal9especially High NWs

With normal HT all you need is 2-3 visits which can be done over a period of 1-2 yrs,and you will be done whereas with HST it will take you very long time to achieve the same,
    4-7 years to get high NWs completed with small procedures that are currently on offer.
    That is a BIG diffeence and Im not surprised HST never thretened traditional transplants.

Its time for Dr Gho to start working on some improvements that HST badlly needs,
    either

a) sessions needs to increase OR
    b) time between each session needs to decrease

I think option b is more realistic then option a.

We know that HASCI only harvest about 10% of available donor per pass and we know
    regeneration occurs withing first 4 weeks.

is it really necessary to wait 9 months or a year between procedures?
    What are the chances that Gho will harvest the same follicle twice? About 10%, its very low

Gho can offer second procedure after say 3-4-5 months and TRY to avoid follicles which were extracted in previous procedure OR even if he performs blind harvest again ther is only a low chance of
    10% that he will extract the same follicle again.(benefit outweigh the risks)

OR Hasci can do the following

1st procedure hasci extracts 1500 1s only,
    2nd procedure, 4-5 months later, hasci extracts ONLY 2s
    3rd procedure 4-5 mothhs later ,hasci goes for 3s only...

and is goes through cycles till the final result is achieved

Any suggestions?
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by didi
    Any suggestions?
    Sure - try this...

With normal HT all you need is 2-3 visits which can be done over a period of 1-2 yrs,and you will be done
    ... and you will be done. All the best!

Comment

• Gandolf
      • Sep 2011

The biggest issue with current HST is not high cost of procedures but its TIME needed to achieve desired goal9especially High NWs

With normal HT all you need is 2-3 visits which can be done over a period of 1-2 yrs,and you will be done whereas with HST it will take you very long time to achieve the same,
      4-7 years to get high NWs completed with small procedures that are currently on offer.
      I think this concern is slightly overblown for a number of reasons.

-Firstly, there are many "hairloss sufferers" who are nowhere close to NW 6/7 and could hit their goals in about 2-3 procedures.

-Also, becoming a NW 6/7 doesn't happen overnight for MOST men. Those who begin balding could get procedures done periodically as their hairloss progresses and never go bald.

-Finally, you're talking 4-7 years to hit their FINAL goal of going from a NW 6/7 to a NW 1/2 but that doesn't mean that these men wouldn't have a lot of improvements in the intermediate time frames. Lets say you are NW 7 and after a few years you're a NW 4 with a few styling options and no longer have the "horseshow" pattern. Sure, you will still want more, but you'll feel a lot better already before your final result it achieved.

Comment

• Gandolf
        • Sep 2011

We know that HASCI only harvest about 10% of available donor per pass and we know
        regeneration occurs withing first 4 weeks.

is it really necessary to wait 9 months or a year between procedures?
        What are the chances that Gho will harvest the same follicle twice? About 10%, its very low

Gho can offer second procedure after say 3-4-5 months and TRY to avoid follicles which were extracted in previous procedure OR even if he performs blind harvest again ther is only a low chance of
        10% that he will extract the same follicle again.(benefit outweigh the risks)
        I think that would still cause issues because you'd have a larger number of follicles extracted and thus they would be close together and that could compromise the healing. Gho mentioned this in one of the interviews using an analogy about cutting yourself once and having it heal good but multiple cuts close together don't.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

OR Hasci can do the following

1st procedure hasci extracts 1500 1s only,
          2nd procedure, 4-5 months later, hasci extracts ONLY 2s
          3rd procedure 4-5 mothhs later ,hasci goes for 3s only...

and is goes through cycles till the final result is achieved
          Clever! That would definitely work! Or how about in the first procedure, only 1s and 2s and in the third only 3s?

Comment

• Vox
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Gandolf
            -Finally, you're talking 4-7 years to hit their FINAL goal of going from a NW 6/7 to a NW 1/2 but that doesn't mean that these men wouldn't have a lot of improvements in the intermediate time frames.
            Most of NW6/7 are generally 30+ in age, have normal work and probably family life and social circle. I fall in this category and personally I would not like to have an "overnight" transformation. It would be way dramatic and would trigger the attention of people I know. I would not like that. A time frame of 4-5 years with a slow decrease of my NW scale fits better my expectations.

The main difficulty is the cost. I think it is not that different from the cost of other surgery solutions, except FUT which is more cheap, but I would never slaughter my head like this just for hair.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Vox
              The main difficulty is the cost. I think it is not that different from the cost of other surgery solutions, except FUT, which is more cheap, but I would never slaughter my head like this just for hair.
              You mean your wallet.

Comment

• Vox
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                You mean your wallet.
                Well, that too, but FUT is slaughter no matter how you look at it.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Vox
                  Well, that too, but FUT is slaughter no matter how you look at it.
                  Gho's procedure looks amazing, regardless of how aesthetically pleasing it is compared to Dr. Rahal's hairlines, anything would be an improvement with Gho. Its just too bad that its a) expensive and b) takes a long time in between procedures. Still, to be guaranteed that much donor regrowth essentially means a cure in the end.... time and money willing.

I'm saving my pennies for a procedure with him hopefully for next year, by then I'll have more than enough but am hoping for a 2,500 graft procedure done.

This whole balding situation is really... really depressing

Comment

• Vox
                    • Jan 2013

.... time and money willing.
                    Well, as I said, for "finished" cases like mine time is not an issue. But I understand that it is an issue for the overwhelming majority of people needing simpler procedures.

I'm saving my pennies for a procedure with him hopefully for next year, by then I'll have more than enough but am hoping for a 2,500 graft procedure done.

This whole balding situation is really... really depressing
                    I feel for you. I know someone who transitioned very quickly from NW1/2 to NW6 when he was about 33. He was severely depressed during his hair loss phase, and after all this was over, he was acting like an old man. It was incredible!

At which stage are you right now and how hair loss is progressing on you? Do you believe that 2500 grafts can correct your problem? Sorry to derail the thread but I think it is useful to have lateral talk and thoughts exchange in a more personal level.

Comment

• didi
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Gandolf
                      I think that would still cause issues because you'd have a larger number of follicles extracted and thus they would be close together and that could compromise the healing. Gho mentioned this in one of the interviews using an analogy about cutting yourself once and having it heal good but multiple cuts close together don't.

I think healing is overrated, if we see hairs growing withing a few weeks then after 4 months it should be fine, by 4th month these hairs are growing normaly and extracting neighbouring hairs should not be a prob,

I dont know if Gho tried this already but giving it a go wouldnt hurt,

As hellouser said, in 1st pas he could target 1s and 2s, then 3s in 2nd pass....

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by Vox
                        At which stage are you right now and how hair loss is progressing on you? Do you believe that 2500 grafts can correct your problem? Sorry to derail the thread but I think it is useful to have lateral talk and thoughts exchange in a more personal level.
                        Hard to say. I'm 28 years old and my hairline has obviously receded. It hasn’t gone so far back as to make it noticeable that I’m clearly balding since at my age and up most men WILL have their hairline recede by at least 1cm anyway, so its stronger than a mature hairline. However, my temples have gone bad and my scalp all over has thinned out drastically. I still have a lot of volume and can make the messy bed-head spiked look, but it starts to look pretty thin. I don’t have any bald spots so essentially, I’d need 2,000-3,000 grafts to give myself some fantastic volume. 900 grafts would be used on my hairline alone (27cm in length with a density of 30-35 grafts per cm2), with the remainder on my scalp and temples leaving 1,100-1,600 grafts. It’d do wonders. My case is a little less severe than Wesley Snejder’s.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

Dr. Gho IS GOING UP in the number of grafts per procedure. On his website, it now shows they can transplant 2520 grafts in one day!!!!

Comment

• aim4hair
                            • Aug 2011

I think the 9 month waiting list is to gurantee the regrowth 100% for all cases, as you know ppl heal differently. Many ppl would be fine with less than 9 months, i beleive GC went for his 2nd treatment after only 6 months from the first and he was fine.
                            But HASCI make rules that could apply for all cases even the hard ones.

Comment

• Skywalker
                              • Oct 2010

In its current shape and form there is no way it will become mainstream, it simply isnt on par with fue/fut some key areas.
                              Any suggestions?
                              Yes, you're just wrong - if HST works as claimed then every other procedure is unadulterated $__t by comparison.

The main reasons HST hasn't taken off is that HT doctors don't believe/ don't want to believe it works - they have a nice little earner going - and because the HST growth boosters applied to the extracted part of each graft are not FDA approved. This means if it took off US HT doctors would be shafted.

Comment

Working...