+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Is it true that only ugly men fear baldness

IMHO, if you have perfect facial features, you don't need the clutches of hair to look good. Heck, even women look beautiful bald if they have good facial features, for example, Demi Moore. So I think men cry about balding are those who know their looks would be exposed without hair, which they were covering up with hair. What do you think?

Imo hair loss strikes hard on a lot of people, because it creates an massive change in your appearance, some people are better to handle the emotional stress that comes with hair loss, and despite it move on with their life's. Others are stunned by it, and have reduced quality of life.
    So i would say people who are emotionally not equipped to deal with hairloss, are the ones how are mostly affected by hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger norwood's View Post
    Imo hair loss strikes hard on a lot of people, because it creates an massive change in your appearance, some people are better to handle the emotional stress that comes with hair loss, and despite it move on with their life's. Others are stunned by it, and have reduced quality of life.
    So i would say people who are emotionally not equipped to deal with hairloss, are the ones how are mostly affected by hair loss.
    Ya, and the one who are stunned by it and have a reduced quality of life from it are those who were ugly and were using hair to hide their flaws. If you have a perfect face and even look good bald, then baldness is no big deal. Look at Zidane, he looks even more handsome bald!

not in a million,i was a very good looking guy and i loved my appearance,i am still good but not as 2 years before.

Unfortunately it does not work this way. Hair is a very important feature which frames the face (it does not hide bad facial features unless you have a crazy over-the-face combover like the guy from the Cure). Losing an important feature can throw off the rest, imagine if your chin was slowly receeding or your jaw line was shriveling up. Very few men look nearly as good bald despite whatr they looked like with hair (Zidane is not bald, he shaves, so he still has hair framing his face....he would look significantly worse with true baldness)
    It hits especially hard for guys with "prettier" features like Jude Law or Prince William. Those guys went from pinup status to being tired old bald guys within a few years.
    This idea has come up before on this forum in different forms, eg "a guy who looks good with hair will look good bald," but in real life it sadly is not the case

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Unfortunately it does not work this way. Hair is a very important feature which frames the face (it does not hide bad facial features unless you have a crazy over-the-face combover like the guy from the Cure). Losing an important feature can throw off the rest, imagine if your chin was slowly receeding or your jaw line was shriveling up. Very few men look nearly as good bald despite whatr they looked like with hair (Zidane is not bald, he shaves, so he still has hair framing his face....he would look significantly worse with true baldness)
    It hits especially hard for guys with "prettier" features like Jude Law or Prince William. Those guys went from pinup status to being tired old bald guys within a few years.
    This idea has come up before on this forum in different forms, eg "a guy who looks good with hair will look good bald," but in real life it sadly is not the case
    I don't look ugly even though I am NW7. People even compliment on my look. I had a boss who used to say, how come you don't look ugly bald while normally bald people look ugly, LOL! But like you said if you have hair and then you shave it like Zidane, its better than being clean bald. So maybe I will take your advise and have a body hair to head transplant just for the buzz thing. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I don't look ugly even though I am NW7. People even compliment on my look. I had a boss who used to say, how come you don't look ugly bald while normally bald people look ugly, LOL! But like you said if you have hair and then you shave it like Zidane, its better than being clean bald. So maybe I will take your advise and have a body hair to head transplant just for the buzz thing. Do you think that would be a good idea?
    imagine how you would be with hair!

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It also has got to do with the shape of the head. Jude Law's head is smallish and such that bald does not look very flattering on him. On the other hand, if you have got the head of Michael Jordan, Bruce Willis or Dwayne Johnson for example, you look good bald. And about Prince Williams, he was not handsome even with hair.

I remember in high school girls would talk about how cute they thought Prince William was, and this was in USA, not the UK. But in the last 5 years all anyone talks about is how bad his hair is
    I agree about head shape though, I meant to say something about that in my other post. Head shape is a huge factor in how you look bald, and most guys unfortunately were not blessed with a good shape. A guy can have excellent facial features but if he has the wrong shaped dome, he will never pull off the bald look imo

As for body hair transplant....I would be very careful about that man. I have seen at least one doctor on this forum say he thought most men were not good candidates, that most of these transplants "fade away" if you view them from any distance. But then again, with a good concealer it might give you the coverage you need to frame the face. I personally have reservations about it but I am no doctor. Maybe consider seeing a reputable surgeon some time and see what he/she thinks. Although I think I have only heard of a couple doctors doing this with really solid reputations?
    I think topcat on this forum has experience with BHT and he is a wealth of knowledge about surgical hair restoration in general. He would be a good person to ask for perspective

maybe, I mean I am not the most good looking man (well maybe just below average) but I remember how I was able to look x2 times better with more hair. now I cant wear my hair like that and I feel uglier.
    but I think good looking men also fear hair loss