+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    maybe, I mean I am not the most good looking man (well maybe just below average) but I remember how I was able to look x2 times better with more hair. now I cant wear my hair like that and I feel uglier.
    but I think good looking men also fear hair loss
    I think every male fears hairloss regardless of their looks. Some are just able to get past the initial shock/depression and gradually move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think every male fears hairloss regardless of their looks. Some are just able to get past the initial shock/depression and gradually move on.
    This. However the rate of loss and inner self-esteem about yourself and your image play a huge role in how quickly one 'moves on'. When I first realized I was losing my hair, I honestly thought it was going to start going fast. That was about 1.25 years ago. Its not going fast and therefore the rate of loss isn't as 'shocking' as I thought it would be. I'm also way more physically fit, stronger and muscularly bigger then I was back then, so my entire self esteem (except around girls, but that existed before the hair came into the picture) and image is soooooooo much better then a year ago.

Granted there are probably guys who never really 'get over it' until they're basically at the old man age and its more socially acceptable.

I work with a short, fat little bald guy who appears to be totally OK with it, yet within the last 6 months a different guy finally shaved his head and took his toupee off after probably more than 10 years wearing it, and he's A) not fat, B) not short and C) isn't skinny (he has some muscle size). So its clear one had an inner self-esteem that was higher then the other and allowed him to go on without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Will people like you please say this in the first post? It helps to know that you're bitter and bald before wasting time reading some crackpot theory.

90% of the anti-HT, anti-hairloss meds, pro-life-after-baldness comments come from NW7's in denial. It seriously screws up any proper debate that could be had by having a bunch of fat, bald, depressed NW7's trying to bring everyone else down to their unaesthetic level. WHY is it so hard to believe that hair is a huge part of good-looks?
    I am bald, so what, I bet I still look better than you. You are depressed even with your NW2, and I'm not even with my NW7. Also I have a wife, kids and a life. I'm not a looser like you who is obsessively worried about looks! And if I'm on this forum, why is it bugging you? I can do whatever pleases me. I was born beautiful with good facial features and I don't need the clutches of hair to look good. I'm not ugly like you.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I am bald, so what, I bet I still look better than you. You are depressed even with your NW2, and I'm not even with my NW7. Also I have a wife, kids and a life. I'm not a looser like you who is obsessively worried about looks! And if I'm on this forum, why is it bugging you? I can do whatever pleases me. I was born beautiful with good facial features and I don't need the clutches of hair to look good. I'm not ugly like you.
    You tell him good sir.

Gonna agree mostly with Highlander here. There are tons of salty NW7's on this site. And hair is definitely an advantageous part of looks. That's not to say that you can't be bald and perfectly content, but most men would prefer to have hair I'm willing to guess. I don't believe hair is everything, but it certainly isn't nothing. It makes no sense to lie to ourselves and say it doesn't matter at all. Instead, try viable treatments and progressively learn to compensate other ways.

Also, obviously it's going to be easier for baldozer to be content with his looks when he's already got married and procreated. A lot of us young guys are still on the dating scene and want to maximize our looks. Don't get me wrong. If go bald, I'll rock it to the best of my ability and move on, but you'd better believe I'll try to hang on to my hair until then. Conclusion: young, single men are not comparable to old, married men on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Gonna agree mostly with Highlander here. There are tons of salty NW7's on this site. And hair is definitely an advantageous part of looks. That's not to say that you can't be bald and perfectly content, but most men would prefer to have hair I'm willing to guess. I don't believe hair is everything, but it certainly isn't nothing. It makes no sense to lie to ourselves and say it doesn't matter at all. Instead, try viable treatments and progressively learn to compensate other ways.

Also, obviously it's going to be easier for baldozer to be content with his looks when he's already got married and procreated. A lot of us young guys are still on the dating scene and want to maximize our looks. Don't get me wrong. If go bald, I'll rock it to the best of my ability and move on, but you'd better believe I'll try to hang on to my hair until then. Conclusion: young, single men are not comparable to old, married men on this topic.
    You guys got me wrong. Its not that I don't want a viable treatment for baldness, both for stopping hairloss and for regrowing hair, that is why I joined this forum. Afterall I have a son, who is still a child though, but when he grows up and experience MPB, I would want something that can treat it. I wouldn't want propecia to be still the only option available 10 years from now. Wouldn't want to risk giving that poison to my son!

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    IMHO, if you have perfect facial features, you don't need the clutches of hair to look good. Heck, even women look beautiful bald if they have good facial features, for example, Demi Moore. So I think men cry about balding are those who know their looks would be exposed without hair, which they were covering up with hair. What do you think?
    100% true. Bald mean aren't ugly. Ugly men are ugly.

Inactive

Everyone looks better with hair. See here:

Granted, even bald he looks pretty good but that's because it's Tom ****ing Cruise. It isn't hard to tell which one is better-looking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    It's the blue eyes that make him look so good in the left one. But you also need to realise being bald = trapped with that one look. He would have no room to move.
    If you are bald, you can still manipulate your facial hair to change your look. For example, by keeping a goatee I easily add a 2 in my looks. That is because I don't have the strongest of chins, but a goatee makes it look strong. It also takes the attention away from my bald head.