+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hey I am a anxious, paranoid, balding singer/songwriter :/

Hey! I'm currently suffering from tremendous anxiety from hairloss. I am currently in a position where I am working with people musically who are in the music business and can get my music far (or at least attempt to). I am very anxious that my hairloss can hinder this. Yes I know that it shouldn't have anything to do with music ability or talent but when you think about the record industry and how it's a business I really believe it's something that, sadly, they consider in working with an artist(s). Image is importing to them.

I've cut my hair pretty short and am about to start taking propecia. Thankfully many people thought I was crazy for thinking I was thinning and after my dermatologist confirmed it they were shocked. It's definitely significantly thinner than it was when I was 18 or 19 (I'm 24 now). When it's wet it looks TERRIBLE. I'm not on Bon Iver status with hair loss yet but it looks like I'm heading that way. I've started keeping my hair short so that the transition from short to shaved head is smooth.

What worries me is that I have a very boyish voice (high tenor) and the new music looks like it's heading for a Coldplay/one republic type of direction. I feel like I would be the weird guy with a shaved head and high voice. hahahaha Here's a pic of me from 2010 and then now!

Keep in mind that photobooth is very generous to my hair in this photo. It is thinning all on top in a horseshoe pattern. I'm hoping that propecia can thicken the hair or at least retain it.

I was thinking about ordering from the in house pharmacy because I can't afford it any other way. Way to much money for me.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-179...nasteride.aspx

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I noticed I had a hair loss anxiety problem when instead of being distracted by hot women I became distracted by seeing high hairlines!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	24896_381479671581_6004166_n.jpg

Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	19396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 2-13-13 at 10.58 PM.jpg

Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	19397  

Quote Originally Posted by VMRockshow View Post
    Hey! I'm currently suffering from tremendous anxiety from hairloss. I am currently in a position where I am working with people musically who are in the music business and can get my music far (or at least attempt to). I am very anxious that my hairloss can hinder this. Yes I know that it shouldn't have anything to do with music ability or talent but when you think about the record industry and how it's a business I really believe it's something that, sadly, they consider in working with an artist(s). Image is importing to them.

I've cut my hair pretty short and am about to start taking propecia. Thankfully many people thought I was crazy for thinking I was thinning and after my dermatologist confirmed it they were shocked. It's definitely significantly thinner than it was when I was 18 or 19 (I'm 24 now). When it's wet it looks TERRIBLE. I'm not on Bon Iver status with hair loss yet but it looks like I'm heading that way. I've started keeping my hair short so that the transition from short to shaved head is smooth.

What worries me is that I have a very boyish voice (high tenor) and the new music looks like it's heading for a Coldplay/one republic type of direction. I feel like I would be the weird guy with a shaved head and high voice. hahahaha Here's a pic of me from 2010 and then now!

Keep in mind that photobooth is very generous to my hair in this photo. It is thinning all on top in a horseshoe pattern. I'm hoping that propecia can thicken the hair or at least retain it.

I was thinking about ordering from the in house pharmacy because I can't afford it any other way. Way to much money for me.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-179...nasteride.aspx

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I noticed I had a hair loss anxiety problem when instead of being distracted by hot women I became distracted by seeing high hairlines!
    Many famous rock stars are bald and it didn't reduce their popularity. Examples given below.

1. Phil Collins
    2. The edge from U2
    3. Singer of Disturbed
    4. Singer of AC/DC
    5. Singer and guitarist of Scorpions
    6. Singer of Judas Priest
    7. Singer of Dire Straits
    8. Joe Satriani
    9. Guitarist of Pink Floyd
    10. Drummer of Red Hot Chilli Pepers

And many more.

If your doctor has confirmed that your hair is thinning and it bothers you, you should do something about it.

Many men ask their doctors to write the script for generic 5mg Finasteride and cut the pill into four pieces to make their dose. This is dramatically less expensive than Propecia - and it is safer than trusting the internet grey market "pharmacies". I know of many men who only take a piece of the pill every other day and they say it works just as well for them as taking it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If your doctor has confirmed that your hair is thinning and it bothers you, you should do something about it.

Many men ask their doctors to write the script for generic 5mg Finasteride and cut the pill into four pieces to make their dose. This is dramatically less expensive than Propecia - and it is safer than trusting the internet grey market "pharmacies". I know of many men who only take a piece of the pill every other day and they say it works just as well for them as taking it every day.
    Its not as simple as that. Propecia can cause bad side effects, such as Insomnia and ED.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Its not as simple as that. Propecia can cause bad side effects, such as Insomnia and ED.
    Not everyone suffers side effects. If you do you simply get off it immediately. You can at least try it. It will stop yor hair loss and maybe regrow what you lost. The key is not to waist time or if you get on it too late it may only grow back some but not all of your hair back.

EDIT__ Just noticed you mentioned cost... I buy my finasteride/propecia for $4.00 .. yes that's four dollars for 30 day supply 1.25 mg a day.. and it's at your local Walmart Pharmacy. Go to a dermatologist and tell them you want the 5mg Finasteride and give them your local Walmart pharmacy number to call it in. Very easy to split into four 1.25mg pieces.
    I'm a little over a month on propecia/finasteride.. no sides at all. No improvements obviously at this point but no shedding either.
    Yes there is the slight possibility of sides and it's something to take into account.. also if it ends up working well for you with no sides you will enjoy your hair which is still very well intact for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by abadacus View Post
    EDIT__ Just noticed you mentioned cost... I buy my finasteride/propecia for $4.00 .. yes that's four dollars for 30 day supply 1.25 mg a day.. and it's at your local Walmart Pharmacy. Go to a dermatologist and tell them you want the 5mg Finasteride and give them your local Walmart pharmacy number to call it in. Very easy to split into four 1.25mg pieces.
    I'm a little over a month on propecia/finasteride.. no sides at all. No improvements obviously at this point but no shedding either.
    Yes there is the slight possibility of sides and it's something to take into account.. also if it ends up working well for you with no sides you will enjoy your hair which is still very well intact for years to come.
    I don't believe that you can have 0 side effects after taking propecia for long. Something which is messing up the hormones and is taken on a daily basis must affect the body in some way. And who really knows about the long term side effects as no one has taken propecia for more than 15 years! While I'm already bald, so no use of propecia for me, if my son ever started going bald I wouldn't ever advise him to take propecia! Your health is far more important than hair.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I don't believe that you can have 0 side effects after taking propecia for long. Something which is messing up the hormones and is taken on a daily basis must affect the body in some way. And who really knows about the long term side effects as no one has taken propecia for more than 15 years! While I'm already bald, so no use of propecia for me, if my son ever started going bald I wouldn't ever advise him to take propecia! Your health is far more important than hair.
    Spencer Kobren has been taking it I think for 14 years and Spex has been taking for over 10 with no sides according to them. So it possible to go long term with no sides.

Yep I dont understand it either - Jotronic was an NW6 when he had his first HT. And he started propecia then. Why would an NW6 need propecia???? Hardly going to lose any more hair that would be appreciably noticeable.

But I guess as an advisor he needs to recommend fin to guys going for HT's so he kinds needs to be on it himself.

I agree that long term use has some sort of adverse effect on the hormonal system.

sorry man for hearing you,it's very hard when our idols are the hairy rockers,it's terrible,i liked your hair,you are thininng obviously,rogaine is a solution but i dont know if you can put this shit in your longer hair,i cant.If anyone can tell us how to do it.If you keep them short is easier