+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Clearly you're very anti-propecia and obviously with good reasons. BUT, there are people on here who have had success stories and it works for them.

Surely if they get ED or whatever 1,2,5 or 10 years down the rude, it's their problem, They knew the risks etc.

If you're happy being bald and accepting of it, then thats great, I'd love to be like you and Im sure many of us will eventually, BUT at the end of the day if someone comes on here with the intention of taking propecia and they are influenced by some forum member, then its THEIR issue, their risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Clearly you're very anti-propecia and obviously with good reasons. BUT, there are people on here who have had success stories and it works for them.

Surely if they get ED or whatever 1,2,5 or 10 years down the rude, it's their problem, They knew the risks etc.

If you're happy being bald and accepting of it, then thats great, I'd love to be like you and Im sure many of us will eventually, BUT at the end of the day if someone comes on here with the intention of taking propecia and they are influenced by some forum member, then its THEIR issue, their risk.
    I am not just only Anti-Propecia, I'm against any oral medication which is taken frequently. Personally I never took such medications in my life. Our body has a very delicately balanced hormonal system, and I'm against any medication that can destroy that balance. Pills should be avoided at all costs, unless its a matter of life and death. And we know that hairloss is not something fatal. Let us hope, in future there would be treatments available which won't have such side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    And when you are suggesting anyone to take propecia, you should also tell him about the side effects.
    If you truly paid attention to anything I write, you would know that I never suggest or advise anyone to take Finasteride or any other medication. I advise them to talk to a doctor about it. In this specific thread, the OP has already talked to a doctor about it. I did not make the suggestion at all.

Secondly, the problem is also with women who think baldness is a sort of disease or something inferior.
    I don't know what planet you are on - but it is not the same planet I am on.

Check the following Link. The rating for propecia is 2.4 / 5, which is poor.
    First and foremost, that is not a legitimate or reliable source. Merck claims the side effect rate is about 2%. We all know that is not accurate. Independent well designed studies have determined the side effect rate is actually almost twice that - but not quite twice that. Secondly, up to 10% chance of side effects for any medication is considered acceptable - depending in the patients indications. The doctor weighs this information before writing the script.

Do not take finasteride!!!!!

The amount of legal action against Merck due to persistent sexual side effects is growing, google 'PropeciaHelp' for more information!
    Last edited by Winston; 02-16-2013 at 05:25 PM.

The post above is blatant fear mongering. Consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    First and foremost, that is not a legitimate or reliable source. Merck claims the side effect rate is about 2%. We all know that is not accurate. Independent well designed studies have determined the side effect rate is actually almost twice that - but not quite twice that. Secondly, up to 10% chance of side effects for any medication is considered acceptable - depending in the patients indications. The doctor weighs this information before writing the script.
    Merck have also had to add the risk of PERMANENT SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION to the labelling of their product because there IS EVIDENCE for the existence of this side effect - the very fact that there exists a risk of a permanent side effect should steer any sane and rational individual away from this archaic hair loss pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The post above is blatant fear mongering. Consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.
    It's not a lie or fear mongering - the amount of legal action over the past 10 years due to propecias side effects has not declined or stagnated, it has grown, hence the recent label changes.

Two words; Informed Consent

The chances of persistent side effects is a small percentage of an already small percentage. Like it or not, that is the truth about it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    It's not a lie or fear mongering...
    It is fear mongering. Plain and simple fear mongering.