+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Its not as simple as that. Propecia can cause bad side effects, such as Insomnia and ED.
    This is true. However the percentage of men who actually experience any side effects at all is very small. This was confirmed through a very well designed long term study by a third party that is not associated with the makers of Finasteride. Since joining this forum, I now know many many men who take this medication who have not experienced any side effects at all. I personally know several men who take it as well. None of them have experienced any side effects either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    This was confirmed through a very well designed long term study by a third party that is not associated with the makers of Finasteride.
    Which study? Provide me the source please. And your saying that very small people have side effects is a blatant lie. Ofcourse there would be some men, who are so happy to retain their hair, that they wouldn't consider a little insomnia or ED as a side effect. But for a guy like me, such things are very important, because do you know that even 1 or 2 hour loss of daily sleep for long term can give you diseases such as hypertension, diabetes and kidney diseases. Any thing that messes up with your hormones should not be taken lightly. Moreover, nobody has been taking propecia for more than 15 years, so nobody knows its long term side effects.

And you cannot believe your male friends when they say they don't have side effects. Any man would not ever say to a female friend that he has ED, even if he has it, you know. No man would make his weaknesses known to a female. Especially if you are a good looking one.

Also, if propecia was that good then why there are forums filled with discussions on new possible treatments, such as histogen and replicel? Every balding guy would be happy to just gulp propecia and keep his hair.

This is true. However the percentage of men who actually experience any side effects at all is very small. This was confirmed through a very well designed long term study by a third party that is not associated with the makers of Finasteride. Since joining this forum, I now know many many men who take this medication who have not experienced any side effects at all. I personally know several men who take it as well. None of them have experienced any side effects either.

Check the following Link. The rating for propecia is 2.4 / 5, which is poor.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...ort=Timelength

Quote Originally Posted by VMRockshow View Post

I was thinking about ordering from the in house pharmacy because I can't afford it any other way. Way to much money for me.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-179...nasteride.aspx
    Taking propecia will slowed or even stop your hair loss but you have to give it time to work. It took me about a full year till my hair loss alter.

Inhousepharmacy is a legit website, That's where I buy my FIN at. Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    sorry man for hearing you,it's very hard when our idols are the hairy rockers,it's terrible,i liked your hair,you are thininng obviously,rogaine is a solution but i dont know if you can put this shit in your longer hair,i cant.If anyone can tell us how to do it.If you keep them short is easier

Thanks hahaha my hair was actually starting to thin even in the picture where it was long. My hair was EXTREMELY thick before that.

Which study? Provide me the source please.
    Go to pubmed.com and search "finasteride sides" or something else relevant. Veteran members of this site have bothered linking empirical evidence on this site so much that stating a year and primary author will be sufficient for most members to recall a study. Take it upon yourself to find the empirical evidence. You can also just search the forum to find them listed many times.

Check the following Link. The rating for propecia is 2.4 / 5, which is poor.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...ort=Timelength
    How many times have you taken a drug and bothered to go to every pharmaceutical rating site to report a review (especially if you had no side effects)? If you were to, would you not most likely be motivated by a negative perception of the drug due to a negative personalexperience? What I'm getting at is: don't rely consumer reviews for something like prescription medications. If you go off self-selected testimonies, you aren't going to get credible, unbiased information. Stick to the medical literature.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Go to pubmed.com and search "finasteride sides" or something else relevant. Veteran members of this site have bothered linking empirical evidence on this site so much that stating a year and primary author will be sufficient for most members to recall a study. Take it upon yourself to find the empirical evidence. You can also just search the forum to find them listed many times.

How many times have you taken a drug and bothered to go to every pharmaceutical rating site to report a review (especially if you had no side effects)? If you were to, would you not most likely be motivated by a negative perception of the drug due to a negative personalexperience? What I'm getting at is: don't rely consumer reviews for something like prescription medications. If you go off self-selected testimonies, you aren't going to get credible, unbiased information. Stick to the medical literature.
    It is a fact that every pill has side effects. That is why I avoid taking any medicine until extremely necessary. And pills like propecia cause hormonal imbalance, which is pretty scary. I would avoid it at all costs.

And your saying that very small people have side effects is a blatant lie..
    I didn't say very small people have side effects. I said a small percentage of men get side effects - and that is not a lie. Blatant or otherwise.

I didn't say very small people have side effects. I said a small percentage of men get side effects - and that is not a lie. Blatant or otherwise.
    If someone tells you that there is 1 / 50 chance that the plane you will be traveling on would crash, would you still travel on it? So 2% or 10%, the side effects do exist. And when you are suggesting anyone to take propecia, you should also tell him about the side effects.

Secondly, the problem is also with women who think baldness is a sort of disease or something inferior. If women didn't give a shit about baldness, men wouldn't have to take drugs like propecia which have the potential to destroy body's hormonal balance. Having said that, I am married and my wife never really cared about my baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by VMRockshow View Post
    Thanks hahaha my hair was actually starting to thin even in the picture where it was long. My hair was EXTREMELY thick before that.
    To become a good musician, you should concentrate more on making good music than having a good head of hair. Like I said before, there are highly respected rock musicians such as Dave Gilmour, Mark Knopfler, Klause Meine, Rob Halford and Joe Satriani and plenty of others, who are bald. People respect them for their good music, not for their hair!