Threaded View

Default Taking Fin is an oxymoron and absurd

I am going to be bold here and state with full confidence that taking the drug propecia is the biggest oxymoron I've ever heard. We as males are biologically driven by our hormones, most notably testosterone and other forms of it (DHT). However, males that fear MPB take propecia to help restore and retain their hair. Ok, here's my qualm. We want to keep the hair on our head to preserve our youthfulness, our confidence (especially with women) and our overall appearance. However, any DHT inhibitor is going to have a mal-effect on male libido, our SEX drive! Why the hell would any guy be willing to sacrifice the hormone responsible for our sex drive?!?!? I don't know about you guys but my libido is what keeps me driven for girls, gives me confidence, gets my ass out of bed and into the gym. Without these male hormones, we aren't really playing the role of our gender. In the wild, animals that have low libido drives are factored out of the evolutionary process. So why would any guy try to mimic that? And ok, balding men that take propecia, save their hair, even restore but now look at the cost. They have successfully preserved their "look" that they wanted but now they lack the libido drive. So, now they don't want to go chase the sexy women that they see in class, at the gym, at work, wherever the hell it may be. And what's even more maddening is the fact that most males that take propecia are in their 20s and maybe 30s- you know, the age where male libido is at its prime. Yet, "The hell with the libido," says the guys that take fin. "Lets keep the hair on our head temporarily," only to curtail and POTENTIALLY even lose their libido they once had for the rest of their lives! That makes no sense to me. Yes, there are a plethora of cases where men have taken propecia, stopped taking it and never fully gotten their libido back. I just don't see how the pros of taking propecia outweigh the potential, permanent cons. Some guys do though get their libido back after taking propecia. Lucky them. And usually the guys that do get it back say it's the best feeling to have regained it. If any of you are so worried about being bald, don't. Get off the drug, get your ass in the gym, learn to eat right and be confident in the person you are, not the person you look like. That right there will out-beat any guy with a full head of hair with no libido. Ask any damn woman and they will agree. The end.

p.s.- I am not looking for a debate, I am here to tell the depressed, the low-self esteem males out there looking for light that it's not the end of the world without hair. There's way more to life. And for the record, going bald will soon be an option. Rogaine, Fin, all of that crap will be outclassed by a CURE. I am guessing there will be a cure within the next 10 years as our technology exponentially advances.