Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exodus
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
    Something else to think about....by far the most important sexual organ is your brain. Everything else can be working at 100%, but if you psychologically are not into "it," you will not able to perform nearly as well or even (sometimes) at all
    For guys who could not care less about hair loss, maybe the risk of hair meds is not worth it. But for those of us impacted by hair loss in our psyche and emotions (eg everyone who joins hair loss forums like this one), being able to forget about hair loss by popping a pill once or twice a day is an amazing improvement to our romantic lives. I can tell you what was going through my head during sex before I decided to save/ improve my hair....

"Uh oh she is running her hand through it, I hope she doesn't think it feels thin"
    "Uh oh she is brushing it back off my forehead, I hope she doesn't think my hairline is thinning"
    "Uh oh I am sweating and the lights are on, I hope it doesnt' look too bad"
    ....etc.

Now I mainly think: "yay sex." Which is why I say these drugs have saved my sex life.

My friend you deserve a high five.

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

Something else to think about....by far the most important sexual organ is your brain. Everything else can be working at 100%, but if you psychologically are not into "it," you will not able to perform nearly as well or even (sometimes) at all
      For guys who could not care less about hair loss, maybe the risk of hair meds is not worth it. But for those of us impacted by hair loss in our psyche and emotions (eg everyone who joins hair loss forums like this one), being able to forget about hair loss by popping a pill once or twice a day is an amazing improvement to our romantic lives. I can tell you what was going through my head during sex before I decided to save/ improve my hair....

"Uh oh she is running her hand through it, I hope she doesn't think it feels thin"
      "Uh oh she is brushing it back off my forehead, I hope she doesn't think my hairline is thinning"
      "Uh oh I am sweating and the lights are on, I hope it doesnt' look too bad"
      ....etc.

Now I mainly think: "yay sex." Which is why I say these drugs have saved my sex life.
      Good points. BUT, do we know exactly how inhibiting 5ar effects the brain? There is actually an international neurosteroid conference coming up in two days! Should be interesting to see if there are mentions of things like finasteride.

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
        • Mar 2012

I've taken fin for 11 months and my libido hasn't decreased. I wish it had a little bit since I'm single. I haven't experienced any sides.

Comment

• Exodus
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Soxfaninfl
          I've taken fin for 11 months and my libido hasn't decreased. I wish it had a little bit since I'm single. I haven't experienced any sides.
          In those 11 months, how has your hair been? Improvement? Shedding?

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
            In those 11 months, how has your hair been? Improvement? Shedding?
            I have a full head of hair. I regrow what little I lost. My hairline is still the same. I started taking fin two weeks after I noticed my hair-loss. I didn't wait around to take it later. I had a 50/50 chance of going bald since my dad was a NW7 by the time he was 45. He started losing it at 35. I started at 36. I'm 37 now. You can't tell I lost anything at all. I haven't used anything else but fin. I did take some biotin for a few months but that's it. I used Nizoral occasionally due to dandruff.The shedding stopped after the 4 month. I have attached some photos.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Assemblage23
              • Aug 2009

I see your point, it's funny to be desperate to hold on to your hair to attract women and use a drug that will prevent you from fully enjoying sex. Big discrepency.

But 99% of fin users can still have sex. I myself had much more sex o fin than ever. But the sexdrive took a blow.
              Going bald does damage your self esteem to a much deeper level than just your potential to attract women like Aames said. It's a very complex issue

It is the ultimate fight between your masculine and your feminine side!

Comment

• BigThinker
                • Oct 2012

Hahahahah. Well-said, brother. I need you in my support circle, as I embark on fin.

I have attached some photos.
                My guy, your hair looks great. Congrats. I wish you many more years of continued success.

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
                  My guy, your hair looks great. Congrats. I wish you many more years of continued success.
                  I feel that my success is due starting fin as soon as I noticed my hair loss. I got on fin within two weeks of noticing my hair loss. I have to be honest I was afraid to get on it due to the side effects that I've heard about, but my dermatologist convinced me. I'm glad I listen to her!

Comment

• BigThinker
                    • Oct 2012

I feel that my success is due starting fin as soon as I noticed my hair loss. I got on fin within two weeks of noticing my hair loss. I have to be honest I was afraid to get on it due to the side effects that I've heard about, but my dermatologist convinced me. I'm glad I listen to her!
                    Mines in the mail. It'll be here any day. If I maintain what I've got, I'll be one happy camper.

Comment

• dex89
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
                      Mines in the mail. It'll be here any day. If I maintain what I've got, I'll be one happy camper.
                      Inhouse usually takes up to 14 days to deliver.

Comment

• Gandolf
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cichlidfort
                        Of course this is all anecdotal talk here. Fact remains, there are plenty of users out there that have negative experiences with the drug and that right there is enough to sway me the other way. I know there are exceptions and success stories. I should have mentioned in my original post that I wasn't speaking to that audience.
                        Doesn't sound like you're really interested in an intelligent discussion if you want everyone who is doing just fine on Propecia (the vast majority of users) to butt out. You might want to go to the Propeciahelp website. It's basically a bunch of doom and gloom posters claiming that temporary use of the drug has permanently ruined their lives. They even go so far as to ban you if you come on and post your positive experience with Propecia. Their myopic viewpoints are sure to be much more in line with your own than the ones you are going to find here at this forum.

Comment

• JDuff
                          • Dec 2012

males that fear MPB take propecia to help restore and retain their hair. Ok, here's my qualm.
                          You're GD right I take Propecia, and I don't give two sh*ts what your opinion is on this issue.

I'm growing hair and apparently your not (??).

Your point is???

Comment

Working...