+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Please show me some factual evidence that supports your argument "a strong majority of men have negligible sides, if any at all." There's been lawsuits against the drug propecia because it had caused permanent loss in libido for some. Even if majority of men don't experience much side effect, who would want to take that risk? Desperate men in attempt to save their hair that will inevitably fall out anyways, right? There's plenty on this forum alone that experience loss in libido. You don't have to search hard to find the users that report this. My argument still holds water.
    Why would you even bother to say that there is a noticeable amount of guys who have had sides posting on this forum? Of course a site like this is going to be saturated with them. And of course they're going to be the most flamboyant and expressive. You're making null points and your "devil's advocacy" is coming off and non-penetrating babel.

    And, I'm not going go fish up every credible piece of empirical evidence to make a basic point about an accepted fact among the general consensus to some random person on the internet. Go use pubmed like a normal person.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    I just can't deal with the idea of not being able to perform to my full capabilities sexually and to not have maximum pleasure....You reduce DHT by that much, there is a chance you are not going to be the best version of yourself sexually. I'll admit it is easy for me to say this because I have not experienced hair loss to the point where it affects my ability to attract the opposite sex.

    For some people the potential trade off is worth it....But for the unlucky ones who get hit hard by sides, their perspective is going to be altered because you don't ever realize the importance of something until its gone. That goes for sex drive and hair...It is a double edged sword! Just gotta inform yourself, make a decision, and live with it. You are ultimately responsible for yourself at the end of the day.

  3. #13
    Senior Member cichlidfort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Why would you even bother to say that there is a noticeable amount of guys who have had sides posting on this forum? Of course a site like this is going to be saturated with them. And of course they're going to be the most flamboyant and expressive. You're making null points and your "devil's advocacy" is coming off and non-penetrating babel.
    I'm not forming my basis off the population that uses propecia to the ratio of the users of that population that got slammed with the side effects. I am stating that the potential risk of loss in libido is not worth the cause. And well shit, if you got hit hard with harsh side effects, wouldn't you have a strong distaste for the drug and perhaps join a forum to inform our fellow members on here about it? I think we can all agree this is quite obvious, thanks for pointing it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    And, I'm not going go fish up every credible piece of empirical evidence to make a basic point about an accepted fact among the general consensus to some random person on the internet. Go use pubmed like a normal person.
    Look, I am not trying to start an argument or come off hostile as I said in my original post. Relax, it's just a debate here. Nothing personal, just the drug. This is all subjective to a degree.

  4. #14
    Senior Member cichlidfort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I just can't deal with the idea of not being able to perform to my full capabilities sexually and to not have maximum pleasure....You reduce DHT by that much, there is a chance you are not going to be the best version of yourself sexually. I'll admit it is easy for me to say this because I have not experienced hair loss to the point where it affects my ability to attract the opposite sex.

    For some people the potential trade off is worth it....But for the unlucky ones who get hit hard by sides, their perspective is going to be altered because you don't ever realize the importance of something until its gone. That goes for sex drive and hair...It is a double edged sword! Just gotta inform yourself, make a decision, and live with it. You are ultimately responsible for yourself at the end of the day.
    Completely agree here with you sir.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Something else to think about....by far the most important sexual organ is your brain. Everything else can be working at 100%, but if you psychologically are not into "it," you will not able to perform nearly as well or even (sometimes) at all
    For guys who could not care less about hair loss, maybe the risk of hair meds is not worth it. But for those of us impacted by hair loss in our psyche and emotions (eg everyone who joins hair loss forums like this one), being able to forget about hair loss by popping a pill once or twice a day is an amazing improvement to our romantic lives. I can tell you what was going through my head during sex before I decided to save/ improve my hair....

    "Uh oh she is running her hand through it, I hope she doesn't think it feels thin"
    "Uh oh she is brushing it back off my forehead, I hope she doesn't think my hairline is thinning"
    "Uh oh I am sweating and the lights are on, I hope it doesnt' look too bad"
    ....etc.

    Now I mainly think: "yay sex." Which is why I say these drugs have saved my sex life.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Something else to think about....by far the most important sexual organ is your brain. Everything else can be working at 100%, but if you psychologically are not into "it," you will not able to perform nearly as well or even (sometimes) at all
    For guys who could not care less about hair loss, maybe the risk of hair meds is not worth it. But for those of us impacted by hair loss in our psyche and emotions (eg everyone who joins hair loss forums like this one), being able to forget about hair loss by popping a pill once or twice a day is an amazing improvement to our romantic lives. I can tell you what was going through my head during sex before I decided to save/ improve my hair....

    "Uh oh she is running her hand through it, I hope she doesn't think it feels thin"
    "Uh oh she is brushing it back off my forehead, I hope she doesn't think my hairline is thinning"
    "Uh oh I am sweating and the lights are on, I hope it doesnt' look too bad"
    ....etc.

    Now I mainly think: "yay sex." Which is why I say these drugs have saved my sex life.

    My friend you deserve a high five.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Something else to think about....by far the most important sexual organ is your brain. Everything else can be working at 100%, but if you psychologically are not into "it," you will not able to perform nearly as well or even (sometimes) at all
    For guys who could not care less about hair loss, maybe the risk of hair meds is not worth it. But for those of us impacted by hair loss in our psyche and emotions (eg everyone who joins hair loss forums like this one), being able to forget about hair loss by popping a pill once or twice a day is an amazing improvement to our romantic lives. I can tell you what was going through my head during sex before I decided to save/ improve my hair....

    "Uh oh she is running her hand through it, I hope she doesn't think it feels thin"
    "Uh oh she is brushing it back off my forehead, I hope she doesn't think my hairline is thinning"
    "Uh oh I am sweating and the lights are on, I hope it doesnt' look too bad"
    ....etc.

    Now I mainly think: "yay sex." Which is why I say these drugs have saved my sex life.
    Good points. BUT, do we know exactly how inhibiting 5ar effects the brain? There is actually an international neurosteroid conference coming up in two days! Should be interesting to see if there are mentions of things like finasteride.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I've taken fin for 11 months and my libido hasn't decreased. I wish it had a little bit since I'm single. I haven't experienced any sides.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    I've taken fin for 11 months and my libido hasn't decreased. I wish it had a little bit since I'm single. I haven't experienced any sides.
    In those 11 months, how has your hair been? Improvement? Shedding?

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    In those 11 months, how has your hair been? Improvement? Shedding?
    I have a full head of hair. I regrow what little I lost. My hairline is still the same. I started taking fin two weeks after I noticed my hair-loss. I didn't wait around to take it later. I had a 50/50 chance of going bald since my dad was a NW7 by the time he was 45. He started losing it at 35. I started at 36. I'm 37 now. You can't tell I lost anything at all. I haven't used anything else but fin. I did take some biotin for a few months but that's it. I used Nizoral occasionally due to dandruff.The shedding stopped after the 4 month. I have attached some photos.
    Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. Should I be taking anything.....
    By arkeye in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
  2. Taking action at 26
    By Bromin in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
  3. Hello, taking finasteride 1 mg
    By Erick in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
  4. you taking the pic...
    By 67mph in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 01:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

I am balding already, 17 year old ?
Yesterday 12:41 PM
by superg
Last Post By superg
Today 04:47 AM
Am I a good candidate?
Today 02:47 AM
Last Post By JimmyJones12
Today 02:47 AM
Post Finasteride Syndrome (Theory)
09-24-2016 10:02 PM
Last Post By ResIpsaLoquitur
Today 01:49 AM
My Reintroduction...
09-22-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
Yesterday 09:46 PM
Where to go UK?
Yesterday 12:54 PM
Last Post By J_B_Davis
Yesterday 06:49 PM
RU- would anyone recommend
09-17-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post By Topgun322
Yesterday 01:14 PM