Threaded View

Default Wearing a piece but thinking of getting rid

Hi guys. I have been bald for many years, I would say I'm a NW5V to a 6. I have been wearing a hairpiece for around 18 years now (wow has it been that long), my age is 37 and I'm due to get married in a few months followed by a big honeymoon.

I'm thinking of throwing away my unit and going natural with having what I have left buzzed down and maybe style my stubble which is thicker than most people (if only it grew on my head). I'm bored and tired with the constant maintenance of the unit and I don't have enough donor area for a HT that I sold be happy with. When I last had menu it attached I took pictures of me in my glory and thought I looked ok. I know some men can pull it off and some can't. I do have strong facial features and people say I have nice eyes. If I was going to resemble someone famous by going natural it would probably be close to Billy Zane, not quite as good as him.

My wife to be knows that I'm a hair wearer as do most in work since a colleague of mine made a job of telling people that I wore a wig (must be because I got girlfriends and in 20 years of knowing him I have never known him have one), it doesn't not look like the stupid old fashioned one, I did have a few people ask me and I was honest and told them, they didn't judge and said they couldn't tell (maybe they were just being polite). My other half thinks I will look older without it, however she has never seen me without hair but says its entirely my decision and loves me regardless.

I dunno what to do or if I will end up regretting it and how do I go about telling people or announcing that I'm bald to people who do not know. I would probably not do the full shaved look and maybe just use clippers without the guard. I'm just over 6" tall, broad shoulders and medium build, not rippling muscle.

Thanks guys.