+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Statistics from 2nd Procedure

There's not a whole lot you can analyse with the 2nd procedure but my final regeneration rate is 80.5%.

So 80.5% of the extraction points regenerated hair.

Default Statistics from 3rd Procedure

The final regeneration rate is 81%. So 81% of the extraction points regenerated hair.

Of the follicular units that did regenerate, 41% regenerated with less hairs or were visibly thinner. Nevertheless, a number of 4-hair and 3-hair follicular units did regenerate in the same configuration and robustness after extraction (see extraction points 61, 63, 73, 74, 80, 101, 115, 127). In total, 47% of the extracted follicular units regenerated in the same configuration with no loss of hairs or thickness.

21 follicular units were extracted during both procedures. The regeneration rate for these hairs was 76%. Of these follicular units, which were extracted multiple times, 44% regenerated in the same configuration with no loss of hairs or thickness.

JJJJrS, thank you so much for your effort and time you have given, it must have taken you at least a day!

I will take a closer look this evening at the photos and comment on the specifics which you have concluded.

Thanks again.

... and all data (2 HST procedures) just within 9 month and all in all 3 HST procedures just within 15 month - and always extractions in the same area!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    JJJJrS, thank you so much for your effort and time you have given, it must have taken you at least a day!

I will take a closer look this evening at the photos and comment on the specifics which you have concluded.

Thanks again.
    Not a problem gc. Without your excellent photos, none of this would be possible so I owe you for that. Also IM for his original analysis of your donor which is the basis for this work.

I've been working on the analysis on and off for the past couple of weeks and all the snow over here has given me an opportunity to finish faster than I expected. Overall, it's not something I really plan to do again but I think I've made this analysis as complete and accurate as I possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post

I've been working on the analysis on and off for the past couple of weeks ...
    Sorry, but you can't compare you or me with gc - who is able to do this in half the time!

Of the follicular units that did regenerate, 41% regenerated with less hairs or were visibly thinner.
    JJ, now with your experience in analyzing scalp hair, have you ever tried to analyze Histogen's "proof-results"?

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

For example...
    Just look at number 76 on top of the pics - what can you see?
    Simply compare all grafts/FU's.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    JJ, now with your experience in analyzing scalp hair, have you ever tried to analyze Histogen's "proof-results"?
    I'm going to try to keep this thread on topic as much as I can so I'm not going to talk too much about Histogen. But overall, I think the analysis you have done of the photos is very fair. This is not a popular opinion, but I am not impressed with the pictures they have shown so far.

On the other hand, I don't think you should waste your time arguing with others about it. We'll all know soon enough whether Histogen's HSC works so there's no point getting these posters angry enough that they will try to ban you, especially now that they have all seen your analysis. It's better to focus on something productive like HST 3.0

I'm going to try to keep this thread on topic as much as I can so I'm not going to talk too much about Histogen. But overall, I think the analysis you have done of the photos is very fair. This is not a popular opinion, but I am not impressed with the pictures they have shown so far.

On the other hand, I don't think you should waste your time arguing with others about it. We'll all know soon enough whether Histogen's HSC works so there's no point getting these posters angry enough that they will try to ban you, especially now that they have all seen your analysis. It's better to focus on something productive like HST 3.0
    Exactly this, #1 lets not rattle on about Histogen in this thread, #2 arguing with the likes of maxhair or perhaps histogen fan boys is like banging your head against a brick wall.

Question on your analysis, you mentioned the hair thickness/number of hairs was reduced on 41% of the 80% which regenerated, is there any correlation of thinning in the non extracted surrounding hairs did you notice?

Does that make sense? Can explain further if necessary. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Question on your analysis, you mentioned the hair thickness/number of hairs was reduced on 41% of the 80% which regenerated, is there any correlation of thinning in the non extracted surrounding hairs did you notice?

Does that make sense? Can explain further if necessary. Thanks
    I understand your question. I did not really notice this, but I can't say I spent a lot of time comparing the surrounding area either. I'll post the results of the spreadsheet I used and maybe you can use that as a guide.

Update your cache for the latest results for the analysis. I realized I missed some points so I added those in earlier today to the pictures