+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    How much does it cost. From what I've read, its like 700 dollars per year, so if you use it from 20 to 50, you spend 700 * 30, which is around Twenty Thousand dollars! Now Twenty Thousand Dollars is certainly not negligible! And about the side effects, no one knows the long term effects of propecia, since no one has taken it for more than 15 years. Any thing which messes up your hormones cannot be taken lightly.
    I'm cutting 5mg generics from inhouse ($27 for 30 pills). Low, intermittent dose is probably most appropriate for a dude my age, and results in a extremely cheap medication. As a grad school student, I really don't have the funding to take Propecia. The fact that I've dropped near $300 on visiting a GP, dermatologist, having 2 blood tests, and had 1 bottle of 2% keto (all with insurance) is troubling enough.

I'm not trying to make light of the sides. I'm just going to stand by the literature on this one. And, yes, the long-term sides are unknown which is a little troubling, but if that were a strong enough reason not to use a drug trusted by the scientific and medical communities, then no one would ever take anything long-term.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-178-fincar-5mg.aspx

I like how the site even acknowledges the cutting process:
    "The correct dose of finasteride for hair loss is 1mg, which means that you would need to cut the Fincar 5mg tablet into a quarter. However, Inhousepharmacy does not recommend this as the tablets crumble when cut and you may end up taking an inaccurate dose. We therefore recommend that you take 1mg Finpecia for hair loss."

I really do wish I had just gotten the 1mg. That amount of money is overlookable now, and will be nothing once I go full time salaried in 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    ^ my finasteride costs 6 Pounds a year! Hardly breaking the bank, but then not everyone lives in a country with a health service, unfortunately.

As for long term, I'm quite confident that no one will need to use finasteride by 2023.
    Kirby, I've seen your posts over time and followed them closely. How is Fin treating your hairloss?

I think the reason is simply cause some just dont want to bother with surgery or everyone would know its fake hair so why bother? Not everyone wants a boob job even if they have money.

I dont think most people are as concerned about hair loss as we are. Were a subsect of the average population thinking cause were actually discussing it on a forum

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Kirby, I've seen your posts over time and followed them closely. How is Fin treating your hairloss?
    I don't know, TBH. Am at 13 months, still look worse than I did at day 1. Was diagnosed in November with some telogen effluvium due to stress, whether that would explain matters (if I actually have/had TE)... I don't know. I get panic attacks every day still because I can't face how bad my appearance has become: just under 18 months ago, I didn't even realise I had hair loss (I did, or course, but it wasn't that bad to pop my happiness bubble, if that makes sense).

I'll still use the fin I have left, which should last me until early November. I have heard of people getting results on fin at 18 months or later, that's my only hope at the moment, really.*

I might add minox as a last-ditch effort, extremely reluctantly. That would literally be the last thing I do or try before giving up.

* my aim in the game when I started was to maintain until something really next-gen comes along in the treatment stakes.

I don't know, TBH. Am at 13 months, still look worse than I did at day 1. Was diagnosed in November with some telogen effluvium due to stress, whether that would explain matters (if I actually have/had TE)... I don't know. I get panic attacks every day still because I can't face how bad my appearance has become: just under 18 months ago, I didn't even realise I had hair loss (I did, or course, but it wasn't that bad to pop my happiness bubble, if that makes sense).

I'll still use the fin I have left, which should last me until early November. I have heard of people getting results on fin at 18 months or later, that's my only hope at the moment, really.*

I might add minox as a last-ditch effort, extremely reluctantly. That would literally be the last thing I do or try before giving up.

* my aim in the game when I started was to maintain until something really next-gen comes along in the treatment stakes.
    Not me. I look and feel great.

Hey , sorry for your loss, but sometimes it dont work out.

Quote Originally Posted by ned80 View Post
    I think the reason is simply cause some just dont want to bother with surgery or everyone would know its fake hair so why bother? Not everyone wants a boob job even if they have money.

I dont think most people are as concerned about hair loss as we are. Were a subsect of the average population thinking cause were actually discussing it on a forum
    Boob job?

How many men need a boob job? I dont. But hey, to each their own.

Im sorry you look so bad or feel so lousy. I look great.

It sounds like you need to step up to DUT/Avodart.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    It sounds like you need to step up to DUT/Avodart.
    I can't get it legally prescribed here in the UK! I asked the dermatologist I saw and was refused. He said I didn't need it as I had TE and finasteride was the way ahead. I don't know what to do. I'm borderline suicidal at the moment. I'd honestly rather die than go bald.

I can't get it legally prescribed here in the UK! I asked the dermatologist I saw and was refused. He said I didn't need it as I had TE and finasteride was the way ahead. I don't know what to do. I'm borderline suicidal at the moment. I'd honestly rather die than go bald.
    I would try another doctor. Some doc's here in the US won't prescribe Proscar. Have you considered going to another country in Europe to get it? I'm mean you could possibly get a three month supply from another doc if you can't get it in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    I would try another doctor. Some doc's here in the US won't prescribe Proscar. Have you considered going to another country in Europe to get it? I'm mean you could possibly get a three month supply from another doc if you can't get it in the UK.
    I'd have to research that. But what if I really have TE? I have to see it all through to see if I have.