+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Undergoing an invasive surgery to improve one's look is not something everyone is comfortable with. Regardless of their financial status. Especially when results are not guaranteed and more procedures may be required.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Because Hair Transplant can't give you a full head of hair, so many people think its better to just shave the head as they look younger with a shaved head than a thin head of hair.
    You guys represent the 2% of these guys who go norwood 6 at age 25?

Im sorry if you guys are in this boat. The majority of men dont even hit Norwood 4 until past age 50.

So this ridiculous notion you look 'younger' shaving your head is a joke.

Im sorry if you guys are backed into this corner and feel the need to make this argument.

With all the options avail, you have determined just shave your head there is no hope? That only applies to 2 % of men below the age of 50

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Im sorry if you guys are in this boat. The majority of men dont even hit Norwood 4 until past age 50.

With all the options avail, you have determined just shave your head there is no hope? That only applies to 2 % of men below the age of 50
    U must be joking, right?

Where does the 2% figure come from? Chatting chit in my view.

Where you getting these 'stats' from drybone?

To answer the OP, it doesn't matter how rich you are, you still might not be eligible for a HT. Some probably don't care so much and as suggested some are in the public eye and don't want it to be noticed.

Where are you getting your 'some dont care' stats from?

That statement means nothing either. 'Some' ? As opposed to 'others' ? How insightful.

As for the 2% , I made it up off the top of my head. I do admit its obviously an exaggeration.

I dont know, but its not some 30 or 40% . I would make an honest guess from what i see walking around.

I would ball park that an honest to goodness Norwood 4 or more by age 40? Less than 20% . If that. Honestly. Maybe 15%

Norwood 4 by age 50? Yeah, probably 35 to 45% .

But something where actually shaving your head looks BETTER than having hair ? This entails Norwood 5 or greater in my opinon so that HT cannot honestly give you a full head of hair.

But even then I see guys accept a receded hairline , like Tom Hanks has.

So again, if you guys want to make some post going.........guys would rather shave their heads than be bald......

Well ........bearded ladies would rather make money joining the circus than shave the beard...............

In other words, how many guys go Norwood 5 or 6 or 7 so that they are utterly beyond reproach . The percentage is.......not many under 40 certainly.

You guys have to think about this. Finasteride and minoxidol have proven to slow down and probably stop hair loss.

So even if you think you might go Norwood 5 or worse, heading it off in your 20s or 30s will save you from having to make that 'shave head' last option.

Where are you getting your 'some dont care' stats from?

That statement means nothing either. 'Some' ? As opposed to 'others' ? How insightful.

As for the 2% , I made it up off the top of my head. I do admit its obviously an exaggeration.

I dont know, but its not some 30 or 40% . I would make an honest guess from what i see walking around.

I would ball park that an honest to goodness Norwood 4 or more by age 40? Less than 20% . If that. Honestly. Maybe 15%

Norwood 4 by age 50? Yeah, probably 35 to 45% .

But something where actually shaving your head looks BETTER than having hair ? This entails Norwood 5 or greater in my opinon so that HT cannot honestly give you a full head of hair.

But even then I see guys accept a receded hairline , like Tom Hanks has.

So again, if you guys want to make some post going.........guys would rather shave their heads than be bald......

Well ........bearded ladies would rather make money joining the circus than shave the beard...............

In other words, how many guys go Norwood 5 or 6 or 7 so that they are utterly beyond reproach . The percentage is.......not many under 40 certainly.

You guys have to think about this. Finasteride and minoxidol have proven to slow down and probably stop hair loss.

So even if you think you might go Norwood 5 or worse, heading it off in your 20s or 30s will save you from having to make that 'shave head' last option.
    Finasteride has side effects and costs money. Not every balding men is willing to take the risks of having side effects such as insomnia and ED and some are not willing to spend money on propecia for the whole of their lives. Also married bald/balding men are less concerned about being bald, so might not opt for HT. Another reason some men might not go for a HT is for the scars and dots it leaves. It pretty much cuts out the option of shaving one's head after a transplant. Think about the situation where a HT goes wrong, the man would have to hide it under a hat for the rest of his life. And also like you said, many men might not be more than NW4 by 40, but many progress toward NW5/6/7 later in their lives, so unless they stop the progression by taking propecia, they would look funny when the rest of their hair fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Finasteride has side effects and costs money..
    Both of which are negligible if you're calculated about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Both of which are negligible if you're calculated about it.
    How much does it cost. From what I've read, its like 700 dollars per year, so if you use it from 20 to 50, you spend 700 * 30, which is around Twenty Thousand dollars! Now Twenty Thousand Dollars is certainly not negligible! And about the side effects, no one knows the long term effects of propecia, since no one has taken it for more than 15 years. Any thing which messes up your hormones cannot be taken lightly.

^ my finasteride costs 6 Pounds a year! Hardly breaking the bank, but then not everyone lives in a country with a health service, unfortunately.

As for long term, I'm quite confident that no one will need to use finasteride by 2023.

You guys represent the 2% of these guys who go norwood 6 at age 25?
    I am 38 and NW III - IV