+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Word. I appreciate the constructive criticism. I actually am focusing on my deltoids and biceps hardcore. I have a naturally strong core, thick legs, and by glutes are on point for getting no abnormal training.

    If you know of a good routine to boost arms quick, I'd appreciate it.

    And, yeah, my roommate who is big into lifting has also mentioned I have the bone structure of someone who can get big easily. My dad is like 57 years old , 5'9", 190 pounds of muscle - no lie, dude is intimidating if you don't know him.

    But, for real, PM me an arm workout routine that utilizes primarily free weights.

    Thanks.
    I think Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine and Layne Norton's PHAT are pretty widely considered to be the best routines for an intermediate natural.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I think Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine and Layne Norton's PHAT are pretty widely considered to be the best routines for an intermediate natural.
    Both are book marked on my browser for now. I skimmed both, and they are mostly requiring a more comprehensive gym than the one I have now; I utilize a free gym on the floor of my building. I will be getting a membership at a real gym once I go full time/graduate with my Master's.

    I think there are some useful theories/methodologies provided like rotating, not only parts of the body you exercise (relatively standard practice), rotating hypertrophy and heavy lifting. I think I can somewhat assimilate that into my current practice.

    Thanks.

  3. #13
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry, but I gotta do this. Hate on me if you want. I just hit the gym.

    I really wish they'd start a body building section of this forum. I'm currently up 9 pounds in 1.25 months without any supplements; just a high, healthy calorie intake and good exercise.

    My receder bothers me less and less everyday. Also, one of my roommate's friends was hanging yesterday. He's NW6, but buzzes it super short. Dude is chiseled and looks like a boss. I have a lot of hope for my future, and I hope all my comrades here will find the same.

    Anyways, I've attached a picture of my current body profile. It's only going to get better from here, fellas:
    Looking ripped, I agree with a body building section. What's your height and weight?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Looking ripped, I agree with a body building section. What's your height and weight?
    5'11, 168 pounds. Haven't had body fat tested in 5 year, but it was single digit.

    I have a lot of work to do, but I really just got into getting bigger. I'm mostly focused on broadening my shoulders and boosting arm size. Body is naturally lean - I have a hard time keeping weight on.

    As highlander pointed out, I have decent forearms/hands from years of manual labor and genetic predisposition.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Dude, you got a compliment from Highlander. Your status has been elevated 10char fold. (See what I did there...)

  6. #16
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    5'11, 168 pounds. Haven't had body fat tested in 5 year, but it was single digit.

    I have a lot of work to do, but I really just got into getting bigger. I'm mostly focused on broadening my shoulders and boosting arm size. Body is naturally lean - I have a hard time keeping weight on.

    As highlander pointed out, I have decent forearms/hands from years of manual labor and genetic predisposition.
    yeah, you look bigger for someone that is 5'11 168 pounds. Keep up the good work bro.

    I need to join a body building forum has well, my motivation level is dying since I started working out at age 18. The gym usually works because of the competition for strengths, but I recently just got my gym set at home.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Dude, you got a compliment from Highlander. Your status has been elevated 10char fold. (See what I did there...)
    Hah. Honestly, I think he is an intelligent and considerate fella. Some extraneous factor(s) cause him to be a little abrasive and annoyed with some of the less analytic dudes on this site - at least in my humble behavioral assessment occurring over a hair loss forum.

    I actually have had blips of a comparable mental states in my life (particularly late teens), but have largely learned to override them with positive life style changes, setting and attainment of respectable goals, and occasionally removing social inhibitions chemically.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    yeah, you look bigger for someone that is 5'11 168 pounds. Keep up the good work bro.

    I need to join a body building forum has well, my motivation level is dying since I started working out at age 18. The gym usually works because of the competition for strengths, but I recently just got my gym set at home.
    I won't even lie, that picture was taken probably 40 minutes after a fresh swell, so there was still some residual, temporary gains. I was feeling good as hell about myself though and wanted to share.

  9. #19
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I was feeling good as hell about myself though and wanted to share.
    That's what's up, this actual motivated me to work out.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry, but I gotta do this. Hate on me if you want. I just hit the gym.

    I really wish they'd start a body building section of this forum. I'm currently up 9 pounds in 1.25 months without any supplements; just a high, healthy calorie intake and good exercise.

    My receder bothers me less and less everyday. Also, one of my roommate's friends was hanging yesterday. He's NW6, but buzzes it super short. Dude is chiseled and looks like a boss. I have a lot of hope for my future, and I hope all my comrades here will find the same.

    Anyways, I've attached a picture of my current body profile. It's only going to get better from here, fellas:
    Damn. Sick view you have there.

Similar Threads

  1. Strip Shave FUE - Dr. True (True & Dorin) 1301 Hairline FUs
    By tdhair in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 11:30 AM
  2. Dr. True (True & Dorin) 1926 Hairline/Crown FUT: 6 Month result
    By tdhair in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 10:11 AM
  3. DR. TRUE (True & Dorin) - 1 Frontal FUT of 2597 Grafts - after 4 Years
    By tdhair in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 12:57 PM
  4. Result by Dr. True (True & Dorin) - 3693 Grafts
    By tdhair in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
  5. Dr. Robert True (True & Dorin Medical Group): 2208 FUT 8.5 months
    By Robert True, MD in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Minoxidil second shed
10-04-2012 09:15 PM
Today 06:16 PM
ruxolitinib
09-22-2016 11:37 AM
by ducu72
Last Post By Ruby
Today 02:10 PM
Dermarolling Community Trial
07-23-2013 11:08 PM
Last Post By Miiw
Today 02:01 PM
Do NOT Have a Hair Transplant!!!
Yesterday 04:30 PM
Last Post By Cheke1979
Today 12:21 PM
Have you heard about the new "Spiro alternative"?
07-07-2016 07:19 PM
Last Post By Patrickfegan
Today 11:34 AM
Should I be taking Biotin? At what dosage?
Today 10:40 AM
Last Post By throwaway1234
Today 10:40 AM