Going to see an endocrinologist. What questions do you want answered?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unk
    • Sep 2011

You've run rampage on BallD's thread guys.

BallD: I would be interested to see your before/after numbers for total T/free T, estrogen, FSH, LH to name a few.

Sure merck reported that total T goes up after a single dose of fin, as you could expect T is bumped up to upregulate DHT after the reduction caused by fin. How much is estrogen upregulated to accomodate an increase in T (note: guys complaining of gyno), and is such an increase really long term? As a low T guy myself, I've seen a pattern of young guys on fin with low T. I don't know whether it is associative or causative. I don't understand why low T would cause balding in young guys.

These seem to be the commonly speculated things. Low/no libido and feminisation complaints bring into question these hormones.

Since taking fin, like many others I have a greatly reduced ejaculate, and tests a few months ago showed my FSH (responsible for producing sperm) to be very low - worrying if caused by fin, and especially so if it doesn't bump back up once fin is suspended.

Comment

• drybone
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by unk
      You've run rampage on BallD's thread guys.

BallD: I would be interested to see your before/after numbers for total T/free T, estrogen, FSH, LH to name a few. Sure merck reported that total T goes up after a dose of fin. Is that long term, and estrogen would likely go up to compensate (hence complaints of gyno).

These seem to be the commonly speculated things. Low/no libido and feminisation complaints bring into question these hormones.

Since taking fin, like many others I have a greatly reduced ejaculate, and tests a few months ago showed my FSH (responsible for producing sperm) to be very low.
      I am sorry to read this. I havent noticed anything in the slightest.

Comment

• baldy1990
        • Jan 2013

i think the basic question that needs to be answered (is it always harmfull lowering your dht ?cause there is a new product called keratene that says it has no side effects yet it lowers dht ,the only difference is that it is not affecting testosterone)

Comment

• mpb47
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by drybone
          Ok. The article you put up doesnt say they START losing hair at age 40

I have very SLOW MPS and I wont bald until I am 70 either. What you are thinking is that I dont have MPS , but I can tell you for a fact , you dont notice MPS until you have lost 50% of your density .

There are a ton of guys who walk around looking the SAME for decades then one day they notice they are thinning out. That process started when they were 20.

Male pattern baldness is a process of burning out your hair follicles , caused by testosterone.

Show me an article where the doc says the DHT that causes MPS in men somehow is delayed until they are 35 or 40 ?????

The articles you put up do not say that in the slightest.
          Actually it does:
          "may not bald
          until they are in their 60s or 70s"

That is not 40 but well beyond that. And my family has very slow mpb too. My uncle had no meds but didnt horse-shoe til about 65. But that still doesn't mean some men have no loss at all and don't even start balding till later in life.

You need to learn how to use pub med and you can see for yourself

You should read this article as it is from Norwood himself:

The need for a widely accepted, accurate, and reproducible standard of classification for male pattern baldness has increased with the advent and increasing popularity of hair transplant surgery. This report establishes such a classification, and reports its use in determining the incidence of male …

That's all I can say about it in this thread. Now again my ? is:

I just don't understand why test declines with age, yet more and more men start balding

Comment

• drybone
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
            Actually it does:
            "may not bald
            until they are in their 60s or 70s"

That is not 40 but well beyond that. And my family has very slow mpb too. My uncle had no meds but didnt horse-shoe til about 65. But that still doesn't mean some men have no loss at all and don't even start balding till later in life.

You need to learn how to use pub med and you can see for yourself

You should read this article as it is from Norwood himself:

The need for a widely accepted, accurate, and reproducible standard of classification for male pattern baldness has increased with the advent and increasing popularity of hair transplant surgery. This report establishes such a classification, and reports its use in determining the incidence of male …

That's all I can say about it in this thread. Now again my ? is:

I just don't understand why test declines with age, yet more and more men start balding

You can start losing hair at 20 and NEVER end up going bald.

Stop asking questions that have been asked and answered just because you dont like the answer. Denying the answer wont change it no matter how you try to wish it away.

Comment

• drybone
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by baldy1990
              i think the basic question that needs to be answered (is it always harmfull lowering your dht ?cause there is a new product called keratene that says it has no side effects yet it lowers dht ,the only difference is that it is not affecting testosterone)
              Wow. I would like to see more people comment on this .

Comment

Working...