+ Reply to Thread

Default Nizoral 2% vs Regenpure?

Hey guys, I have noticed some thinning in my hair line, so I thought I would take a proactive approach and start fighting it now. I bought some Nizoral 2% and just ordered some 5% minoxidil.

My question is which shampoo would I be better of with? Nizoral has 2% ketoconazole , but Regenpure has a number of other beneficial ingredients such as SAW PALMETTO, EMU OIL, and CAFFEINE, but only has .9% ketoconazole .

Currently I use Nizoral twice a week and Nioxin every other day.

What do you guys recommend and how often is Regenpure ok to use ? On their site it says okay daily use, but I think that would be too much

I would go with Nizoral 2%. Its proven and its a pure ketaconazole recommneded by doctors and experts. I would not go for Regenpure as its not safe to use ketaconzole daily and more than twice a week. I'm against these mixed formulas really. If you want to enhance your hair then you can apply emu oil separately on your scalp before bed time. Also you can use Alpecin Caffeine shampoo daily which I'm using in the mean time plus you can use Nizoral not more than twice a week to avoid any complication in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bsidhu View Post
    ...but Regenpure has a number of other beneficial ingredients such as SAW PALMETTO, EMU OIL, and CAFFEINE, but only has .9% ketoconazole .
    The true benefits of those other ingredients is questionable at best. The main benefit of Regenepure aside from Ketoconazole is that Regenepure is sulfate free.

Currently I use Nizoral twice a week and Nioxin every other day.
    You should only use 2% Nizoral once a week. If you are using 1% Nizoral A-D or Regenepure, you could use those twice a week - but I would still only use them once a week.

Nioxin does absolutely nothing for hereditary hair loss. Nioxin is the biggest scam going in the hair loss industry.

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    Also you can use Alpecin Caffeine shampoo daily...
    Alpecin does absolutely nothing for hereditary hair loss. Alpecin is the second biggest scam going in the hair loss industry.

What do you guys recommend...
    For your regular washing, just make sure the shampoo and conditioner you are using is sulfate free. Everything else is just hype to justify a higher price.

yeah I know Nioxin doesn't do anything for hereditary hair loss, but for only 40 bucks for a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner I don't mind. Plus it makes my hair feel fuller.

What sulfate free shampoo would you recommend ? Price really isn't an issue, unless its insanely over priced like Revivogen

What sulfate free shampoo would you recommend ? Price really isn't an issue, unless its insanely over priced like Revivogen
    You can use whatever you want, just make sure it is sulfate free. Most none medicated shampoos and conditioners are over hyped and over priced. There is no need to pay those insane prices. There is no real benefit to using high priced shampoo and conditioner.