+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Get on Fin. I started it when I was 21. Without Fin, Id be a NW6 today (I am 38). Don't think abt the side effects. Millions of men take it everyday and they have retained and even improved their hair.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have been meaning to make an appointment with my physician, but as one of the previous posters said I've been delaying it. I would love to believe that propecia wouldn't give me the side effects, but I just worry it will.

What is it about a HT that means I have to maintain it my whole life? I can't just get one and be done?

Its real tough looking at my hairline and seeing the thinning hairs, even at the front of my hairline, the hairs seem to be thinning (I can see spaces between the follicles).

I noticed one weird thing though, many tiny black specks around my hair line and mostly under the front part of my head? Anyone know what these could possibly be?

The picture only caught three or four if you look closely, but as I began moving my hair around I noticed more and more of these. I know you all may think they're freckles or birthmarks, but I really don't think they are, they are very dark black.

Also, circled in green is where my hair is clearly thinning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	19330  

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Get on Fin. I started it when I was 21. Without Fin, Id be a NW6 today (I am 38). Don't think abt the side effects. Millions of men take it everyday and they have retained and even improved their hair.
    what nw are you today?

more close up...

what are these black specks!?

Quote Originally Posted by ddyer34 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have been meaning to make an appointment with my physician, but as one of the previous posters said I've been delaying it. I would love to believe that propecia wouldn't give me the side effects, but I just worry it will.

What is it about a HT that means I have to maintain it my whole life? I can't just get one and be done?

Its real tough looking at my hairline and seeing the thinning hairs, even at the front of my hairline, the hairs seem to be thinning (I can see spaces between the follicles).

I noticed one weird thing though, many tiny black specks around my hair line and mostly under the front part of my head? Anyone know what these could possibly be?

The picture only caught three or four if you look closely, but as I began moving my hair around I noticed more and more of these. I know you all may think they're freckles or birthmarks, but I really don't think they are, they are very dark black.

Also, circled in green is where my hair is clearly thinning.
    the transplanted stay with you but you will continue to recede in the future behind the transplanted area

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    what nw are you today?
    I am 38 and NW III

Hi, I have these wierd black specks too....went to dermatologist they say they haveno idea what they are....did you ever find out?

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    there is no solution just acceptance and that's why balding sucks,so no there are no solutions,i'm trying to find one but no

HT-your hairloss will continue in your entire life,making a ht at any age it's like a comitment to live the hairloss nightmare through the rest of your life,cause you'll have to cover the balding behind the transplants and in the end you may run off the donor area

Propecia-you risk of your health and hormones

minox-a total shit that you will have to use it as long as you want to keep ypur hair.It will not stop the aggressive baldness also there are many who say that may give you wrinkles or blur face.
    Personally I'm quite sick of seeing posts like these on this forum - it's not only bad advice it's the negativity. Minox, finasteride, and nizoral shampoo are the best treatments we have for hair loss and for most people they work great. If you want to add more treatments, there are things like the laser comb, prp, and a few vitamin supplements that help some people. Not all treatments work the same on all people and that's why you have to find a regime that works for you thru trial and error.

On top of the preventative treatments there are hair transplants, concealers, and scalp smp to give you more hair or the appearance of more hair.

Nothing is perfect but it's better than nothing. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    Personally I'm quite sick of seeing posts like these on this forum - it's not only bad advice it's the negativity. Minox, finasteride, and nizoral shampoo are the best treatments we have for hair loss and for most people they work great. If you want to add more treatments, there are things like the laser comb, prp, and a few vitamin supplements that help some people. Not all treatments work the same on all people and that's why you have to find a regime that works for you thru trial and error.

On top of the preventative treatments there are hair transplants, concealers, and scalp smp to give you more hair or the appearance of more hair.

Nothing is perfect but it's better than nothing. Good luck!
    Yes to that. Except I'm not yet sold on HT. Even celebs wth access to ton of money & resources don't get good results over time. But fin, minox & nizoral or just fin too works great.

Default I'm 18 as well with a horrible hair line

I'm 18, my hair line is already about twice as bad as the pics this kid showed. Being in high school and trying to hide my hairline sucks and I'm kinda getting tired of it. I don't have the money to try all these possible solutions out so IV made a plan for myself, I might be losing my hair but I can grow I nice beard.

1. Stop stressing about your hair cuz it's not going to solve anything.

2. Grow a beard if you can, it draws attention away from the top of your head cuz "dang, look at that beard"

3. Go to a gym and eat healthy, if you aren't going to have a full head of hair (I probly have till 21) then get shredded. For your own confidence of course.

And girls who are shallow enough to not talk to you cuz your hair, or lack of...they aren't even worth the worry, you would be surprised by how little women really care about the physical features of a guy. My girl doesn't even worry about it, she loves me for me and is attracted to facial features not my hair. And she is an easy 8/10.
    The more you freak yourself out the worse it will get. So "don't lose hair over it"