+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Balding Guy

Default New Balding Guy

Hey everyone, I'm a 22 year old NW4 over here.

Basically just looking for a place where people understand what this is actually like to go through.

Have been using topical minoxidil for a few years now, but I'm really beginning to hate the stuff. Also used saw palmetto for a while, which worked amazingly well but completely screwed up my body, so I had to stop.

I think I'm approaching the point where I'm not going to fight my hairloss anymore, and just get it over with and shave it all off. It's not something I want to do, but I really have no choice.

Well, anyway, hello everyone.

Everyone who suffers hair loss needs to shave their head down to a 1 at least once. You have to know. You have to meet "that guy" in the mirror.

You with hair needs to meet you with no hair.

Quote Originally Posted by nativer View Post
    Everyone who suffers hair loss needs to shave their head down to a 1 at least once. You have to know. You have to meet "that guy" in the mirror.

You with hair needs to meet you with no hair.
    I did shave it really short back in October, and it looked significantly better than balding did. I have super thick hair everywhere except at the front, and at the crown... So shaving it down made it look so much more even and symmetrical.

Empowering right?

Here is the facts

1. If SawP gave you weird effects, drugs are most likely out

2. A Hair transplant, for you NW4, and you want good coverage, 20 to 30k when it is all said and done

Do you know the shit you can do with 20K?

If I were you, and you want to make a cosmetic difference. SMP

Take a trip to Milan, and get er dun.
    You shave your head, get SMP, but it looks like you have a full head of hair, and you choosen to shave your head.
    Plus you get to go ****ing ITALY.

Although saw palmetto gave me a great head of hair (pretty much reversed it), it came at too high of a price for me... Got fat around my hips, headaches all the time, blurry vision, slowed thinking and comprehension, muscles turned to mush, body hair started thinning, erections were weak, got depressed and angry easily. So yeah, shit like Propecia and all that are out of the question for me.

I'm really glad that I recovered from all those side effects, though.

I've gone through the years of being depressed about my hairloss, hiding it, letting it stop me from being as outgoing as I would have liked, doing anything I can to stop it progressing.

It's just not worth it in the end... Not for me, anyways. I'm gonna give up the fight and just accept that I'll be bald at a young age just like my was-a-NW6-at-age-27-grandfather (now a sparse NW7).

I've got other things I can focus on... My girlfriend (who dgaf about my hairloss), my fitness, my employment, etc.

Yup, there no place for you hear. You are so far ahead of the curve.

And bitches only care, if you sorta have hair but not really. I never see a guy with thinning spares hair with a decent girl. But I see a shaved down guy or a bald guy scoring big all the ****ing time.

Listen to this

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/featured...udio-segments/

Imagine if you went to a NW7, over the course of 10 years. You would spend all that time trying to save it. 10 years of feeling like shit. That's what hurts most guys, is this long sloooooooooooooooow process of losing hair.

If we all just woke up one morning and no hair, it would be a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nativer View Post
    Imagine if you went to a NW7, over the course of 10 years. You would spend all that time trying to save it. 10 years of feeling like shit. That's what hurts most guys, is this long sloooooooooooooooow process of losing hair.

If we all just woke up one morning and no hair, it would be a non issue.
    That is so true... It's the long, slow process which keeps us hanging on. I remember many times wishing I could just wake up with no hair, and I'd be FORCED to adapt to the one thing I was trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyDoesMyScalpHateMe View Post
    That is so true... It's the long, slow process which keeps us hanging on. I remember many times wishing I could just wake up with no hair, and I'd be FORCED to adapt to the one thing I was trying to avoid.
    Wow. I literally had a dream about shaving my head last night - which is bizarre in and of itself. It was a good dream, and I liked the look.

Obviously, it may be a different story in reality, but the fact that my sleep isn't plagued with nightmarish outcomes must be indicative that I'm at least some what coped.

It's nice to hear from someone who has already coped. When I used to get super bummed about my hairloss, I would see a dude balding with a dime on his arm, and I knew it was possible to get over it. Regardless, continued affirmation is always nice.

I know I'll walk the same path as you, should I get to NW7. Hairloss won't be the end of me.

Can relate to this guy. Shaved it to grade 2 on top, 1 on sides. Soon 1 all over, eventually no guard by the end of year.

Im still yet to start treatments and its thinned more, but I rave about the greatness of the buzz/shaved look every other post. I rarely spend time on here as Im worried about other things, this has only crept up as them other things settled.

But yeah dude, good on you for the attitude!