+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewLook95 View Post
    I apprecite it man. My doctor did elaborate, and I saw 2 other doctor and they basically just repeated what he said. It doesn't do it to everyone just about 60% of users have similar side effects some more extreme then others such as my case. I wish I could take it without issue, but its just not an option. The gyno has basically went away, but the sexual side effects are still there. After being off over a year.
    I don't suppose you had your T taken before fin by chance, did you? Curious if there's a baseline to compare it to.

I had mine taken (havn't started fin yet) and it was perfectly normal - I forget the number itself. So, it'll be interesting to see if mine changes.

Call Chad and Call Janna.

Get the ball rolling, but take your time. These two are professionals and will return your call.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I don't suppose you had your T taken before fin by chance, did you? Curious if there's a baseline to compare it to.

I had mine taken (havn't started fin yet) and it was perfectly normal - I forget the number itself. So, it'll be interesting to see if mine changes.
    I did actually have it taken about a year before that during my routine checkup for my insurance and it was at 712 so Fin is the only changing factor in the equation. Alot of people on Fin defend it, but like I said before 60% of user are effected so the 40% could be the ones not effected at all. I'm just one of the unlucky 60% and mine happens to be severe. Fin in my opinion ruined my life and wish I had never seen it or heard of it. I look forward as to have another HT and hoping for the best

Quote Originally Posted by nativer View Post
    Call Chad and Call Janna.

Get the ball rolling, but take your time. These two are professionals and will return your call.
    I plan to call this week. I appreciate the info.

I did actually have it taken about a year before that during my routine checkup for my insurance and it was at 712 so Fin is the only changing factor in the equation. Alot of people on Fin defend it, but like I said before 60% of user are effected so the 40% could be the ones not effected at all. I'm just one of the unlucky 60% and mine happens to be severe. Fin in my opinion ruined my life and wish I had never seen it or heard of it. I look forward as to have another HT and hoping for the best
    Do you have any evidence, research, or citations for that 60% figure?

Sorry to hear of your situation. I wish your future to be brighter in that respect.

I'm also interested in the 60% source as well. From what I've read in this thread, it seems that it was a number your physician used in consultation - you probably weren't given a formal reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromnova View Post
    Do you have any evidence, research, or citations for that 60% figure?
    There will always be people that take it ,and believe that the ones it doesn't work for is BS. My doctor is actually on Fin himself so I doubt that he would say anything about it that was untrue just the facts. The other 2 doctors I saw said basically the same thing. Fin just doesn't work for me and I have very bad side effects from it. Everyone is unique in genetics so its really a crap shoot when it comes to meds. Fin is just a VERY BAD drug for myself. After the way I felt on it and then came off I myself can say 100% fact that it is what causes it. The gyno went away for the most part the only thing that didn't really recover well is my sex drive or my test which go hand in hand. My biggest concern at this point is to stay in the gym and get my HT and get back to myself before all this mess actually happened. Just good to know I'm not alone with all these depressed feeling I have when it comes to my hair or lack there of I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry to hear of your situation. I wish your future to be brighter in that respect.

I'm also interested in the 60% source as well. From what I've read in this thread, it seems that it was a number your physician used in consultation - you probably weren't given a formal reference.
    Thanks for the support my friend. I also answered your other question below.

There will always be people that take it ,and believe that the ones it doesn't work for is BS. My doctor is actually on Fin himself so I doubt that he would say anything about it that was untrue just the facts. The other 2 doctors I saw said basically the same thing. Fin just doesn't work for me and I have very bad side effects from it. Everyone is unique in genetics so its really a crap shoot when it comes to meds. Fin is just a VERY BAD drug for myself. After the way I felt on it and then came off I myself can say 100% fact that it is what causes it. The gyno went away for the most part the only thing that didn't really recover well is my sex drive or my test which go hand in hand. My biggest concern at this point is to stay in the gym and get my HT and get back to myself before all this mess actually happened. Just good to know I'm not alone with all these depressed feeling I have when it comes to my hair or lack there of I guess.
    Don't misunderstand me - I don't doubt it doesn't work for some people, and that some people (plenty, even) have a bad reaction to it. I've never taken it so I have no personal experience with the drug. I think it works for some and not for others. But based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I'd seriously question the 60% figure. That's why I wondered where the number came from and if it had any basis in fact.

I think people should be realistic about both sides of the argument and not jump to extremes to reflect their own personal experience with the drug. Otherwise we lose credibility. There seems to be a lot of emotional and knee-jerk arguments both for and against this very serious topic, where sober logic and solid research might do it more justice.

Anyway, I wish you well in your recovery and hope your situation continues to improve.