+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you, Dr. Cooley!

This was an excellent presentation. This is the most comprehensive and honest assessment of ACell's capabilities that any doctor has thus presented.

I am particularly intrigued by the transected punch site that regenerated hair at the beginning of your presentation. Do you think this result lends credibility to Dr. Cole's claims that minimal depth FUE can regenerate hair follicles?

If so, is this something you would be willing to test in your clinic so that we aren't beholden to the testimony of only one doctor? If not, can you at least help Dr. Cole document his results/processes?

Dr. Cole has stated that he has seen up to 50-60% regrowth in FUE donor areas using ACell, but has yet to document these findings in a very rigorous way. If it turns out that his procedure his repeatable (and does not fall prey to the same type of inconsistency as autocloning), it could potentially be the breakthrough we've all been waiting for. At least from a patient's perspective, I think it's worth looking into.

I think the work Dr Cooley has done with plucked hair is just incredible, even if they're only capable of working 40 - 50% of the time you could essentially use hair from any part of the body being as though the scalp dermal sheath stem cells convert the hair to a normal functioning scalp hair follicle.

Some questions:

1) Just wondering, if this method only works in areas of thinning and not in slick bald regions, could not the [thinning] vertex be used with plucked beard hairs and donor regions from the back of the scalp be used to build a decent hairline?

2) Also, once the hairline has been built and transplanted hair follicles are growing normally, could plucked hair not have the ability to grow in these regions now that they harbour fully functioning hair follicles?

Thank you Dr. Cooley, the plucking results are very impressive indeed, and should hopefully draw more attention to what you're doing.

It's amazing that you are successfully cloning hair as we speak. And your results are only going to get better. We're grateful for the time you've spent refining your technique and continuing your efforts in spite of the skepticism from your peers and online community.

This is truly a huge breakthrough!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie1985 View Post
    Thank you Dr. Cooley, the plucking results are very impressive indeed, and should hopefully draw more attention to what you're doing.

It's amazing that you are successfully cloning hair as we speak. And your results are only going to get better. We're grateful for the time you've spent refining your technique and continuing your efforts in spite of the skepticism from your peers and online community.

This is truly a huge breakthrough!!
    Where are the cosmetic results?

I would want to see before / after photos before I would call this a huge breakthrough.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jerry Cooley, MD's Avatar

I appreciate the feedback and interest in my work. As I mentioned in the presentation, there were successes and complete failures, and everything in between. One of the practical problems for me was that as more patients learned of my work, I was treating more people who came to me from far away. Most never returned for followup visits. Regarding the plucked grafts, I am nowing working on mostly local patients, so I can get the necessary feedback to refine the process.

However, I believe ACell is becoming more widespread and proven in usage for regular hair restoration work (FUT, FUE, PRP). As long as we learn from our mistakes and only expect ACell to do what it realistically can do, it will benefit patients. It bears repeating that ACell won't prevent donor scar spread if the wound is closed with tension.
    Jerry Cooley, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

So wait...this tech can transform any body hair into a normal head hair, hair?

what the science. Sometimes its cool to be alive.