+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Nice articles

Inactive

I literally cringed throughout the entire beautiful bald men page. Statham, Diesel, and Ljungberg are okay but Jason Alexander, Dr. Phil??? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I literally cringed throughout the entire beautiful bald men page. Statham, Diesel, and Ljungberg are okay but Jason Alexander, Dr. Phil??? Seriously?

LOL I love when dr. phil thinks he is an expert on everything now.

They are some good looking guys. Dr Phil? Nah.

The thing is its not the hair makes a person attractive, its really the structure of the face especially someones eyes and smile. Dr Phil would not look any more attractive with hair or without.

If a guys as nice eyes and smile he will look attractive to the opposite sex regardless of hair and confident. If you also dress well that is another plus point. My mrs says a lot of those guys were good looking except for Jason Alexander and Dr Phil and they would still not appeal to her with hair.

Just think about it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by OhYeah View Post
    They are some good looking guys. Dr Phil? Nah.

The thing is its not the hair makes a person attractive, its really the structure of the face especially someones eyes and smile. Dr Phil would not look any more attractive with hair or without.

If a guys as nice eyes and smile he will look attractive to the opposite sex regardless of hair and confident. If you also dress well that is another plus point. My mrs says a lot of those guys were good looking except for Jason Alexander and Dr Phil and they would still not appeal to her with hair.

Just think about it a little.
    I think hair is always a little more attractive its just that the good looking guys sometimes are good looking enough that they dont need the hair to still look attractive to women.

a quick note on the beautiful baldies page:

guys who looked good: shaved/buzzed hair and muscular
    guys who look bad: jason alexander/dr phil.
    both of whom are out of shape and wear their power donut hair longer

the other article is ludicrous, and seems like the product of a bitter man. I don't doubt fin loses effectiveness, but i doubt that 5 year figure he throws out. and sure hair transplants lose cosmetic appeal over time, but they buy you time. I am 23...not planning on a HT any time soon as I am NW2, but if I get to a NW4-5 and transplant myself back to a 2-3 and that buys me 10-15 years...ill be pretty happy to make it out of my 20s and 30s with hair...i will shave/buzz my head when im in my 40s if a cure is not available yet (heaven forbid)

This is just more internet garbage. Both Propecia and Minoxidil do work, they just don't work for everyone. Nothing does. There are many men in this forum who have used Propecia or generic Finasteride for well over 15 years and it is still working for them. I personally grew a lot of hair back with Minoxidil. So has many other ladies over in the Women's Hair Loss Project.

I do agree that males younger than age 30 who are less than a Norwood III should not consider hair transplant surgery. However, there are many men and women who can improve the quality of their lives with hair restoration. I can honestly say that the quality of my life has improved dramatically as a direct result of hair restoration. I didn't get all my hair back - but I got enough back to look normal again.

I actually do agree with a large portion of that article. Hair transplantation is not nearly a good enough solution due to many of those aforementioned factors like not enough donor supply to achieve anything close to a full head of hair, hair thinning over time (which leads to need for more than one HT), and the permanent scarring. Hell, I want my hair back more than anyone, but the more I think about it, the more I'm not gonna get involved with a procedure like this. And statistically most men side with me on this one.

I disagree with him on finasteride in that I do believe that it does work to a certain degree for most people, yet it also comes with significant side effects. But I do agree with him on minoxidil; I don't believe that it does anything significant for most men and I have yet to see photographic evidence that it does. Hell, Rogaine cannot even show photographic evidence and they market the product!! And I sure as hell don't believe that it works for 85% of men, as the makers of Rogaine claim that it does.

With regards to the other article, I believe some of those men do actually look good because they have some degree of hair on top of their heads and are not traditional Norwood 6's. Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, and Kelly Slater are examples of this. Others like The Rock look good because they have darker skin and are muscular. However, guys like Jason Alexander just look like utter sh.t. I don't even know how he can walk around looking the way he does and not feel completely embarrassed.

It all depends on the look I guess with the hair transplant...I'd rather be a NW2 or 3 with thin density than a NW5...

i think about it this way...I am young now and I want to enjoy things as much as I can, so I use the big 3 and if it gets bad I will do a HT...that article is cynical, most guys get good results. When I settle down, am married, have kids, I doubt ill give two shits about my hair. If my hair thins out later in life, fine...so be it.

and tbh, the scarring really is minimal after a while. my dad had one done and this was 12 years ago...scar might as well be invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    This is just more internet garbage. Both Propecia and Minoxidil do work, they just don't work for everyone. Nothing does. There are many men in this forum who have used Propecia or generic Finasteride for well over 15 years and it is still working for them. I personally grew a lot of hair back with Minoxidil. So has many other ladies over in the Women's Hair Loss Project.

I do agree that males younger than age 30 who are less than a Norwood III should not consider hair transplant surgery. However, there are many men and women who can improve the quality of their lives with hair restoration. I can honestly say that the quality of my life has improved dramatically as a direct result of hair restoration. I didn't get all my hair back - but I got enough back to look normal again.
    Exactly, its about quality of life. Some people with Alopecia go in to hair transplants thinking theyll have the hair they had when they were 12 back. They dont realize they have 100,000 + hairs on their head... for arguments sake lets say about 1/3-1/2 are on top of your head...thats 33333-50000 and only 7000 or so "donor" hairs. In most cases, the relief of stress is so worth it...money is just money, your life is YOUR LIFE. the two dont compare in value whatsoever. and its just the goobers like the man in this article who doesnt realize he wont get all of his hair back, or those who unfortunately choose the wrong surgeon, that knock on HT

Tracy went in to her surgery with realistic expectations and came out of it with a realistic response. "I didnt get it all back, but enough to look normal"

Thats all we can hope for, looking "normal", be it from drugs or surgery, until better treatments that can halt or pray tell regrow hair come to the market.