Long-term minoxidil users? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Long-term minoxidil users?

Anyone been using rogaine alone for years? I want to find out the potential of rogaine alone. I just stopped propecia and my dick is back from the dead. I have been using rogaine for the front and stopped it for a while then restarted. I will soon use it on my entire scalp.

Anyone has been on rogaine only? I think I am going to keep my balding head of hair short and apply rogaine just to avoid going cue bald and to maintain for a possible HT in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    I want to find out the potential of rogaine alone.
    Minoxidil alone is only mildly effective, especially for males. If you are unable or unwilling to take the medication that directly addresses the hormone that is triggering your hereditary hair loss, you need to come to terms with your hereditary hair loss and live your live to the fullest anyways. It can be done. Millions of men have done so for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Minoxidil alone is only mildly effective, especially for males. If you are unable or unwilling to take the medication that directly addresses the hormone that is triggering your hereditary hair loss, you need to come to terms with your hereditary hair loss and live your live to the fullest anyways. It can be done. Millions of men have done so for thousands of years.
    Good advice here Tracy, rogaine does not create any major effect in the battle against male hair loss. Men should try to shave down and see how it feels, and then consider propecia or last resort, hair transplant.

I have used rogaine for about 4 years and then stopped due to skin problems and unwanted hair growth.

It should be noted that, as is the case with other medications, rogaine must be used indefinitely. As well as constantly, consistently.

Inactive

It would be a lot more effective if you combined it with a topical DHT inhibitor. I know you got off of fin due to low libido. AFAIK, most topical ones do not absorb systemically so you should be okay downstairs.

Hi Assemblage23,

Don't have the answer to your specific question. However, I will add that I've been off propecia for almost 6 months now and been using Rogaine for about 1 1/2 months. It's definitely helped me psychologically to be applying the Rogaine twice a day as i pretty much assumed I'd go bald once off propecia. I will admit that I feel like the Rogaine is doing something but that may simply be me in a wishful thinking state.

About coming off propecia. I have lost a lot of hair and my quality of hair really dropped but it's not as terrible as I first assumed. During month 5 I will say that the shed has really slowed down a lot but there may be another coming, who knows.

I'd recommend doing the Rogaine right away and then decide for yourself if you want to continue. The worse that can happen while on Rogaine is a continuation of what is going to happen naturally anyway.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    It should be noted that, as is the case with other medications, rogaine must be used indefinitely. As well as constantly, consistently.
    This is because hereditary hair loss progresses for the rest of ones life. It's a really simple reality that a lot of people have great difficulty understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    AFAIK
    The problem with that is you do not know what you are talking about and you do not know what you are doing. You are simply parroting garbage you find on the internet.

Minoxidil worked great for me for a couple of years, but as my thinning regions kept on expanding, the hair regrowth effects obviously got weaker...

tracy and aames, yall need to kiss and make up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Finasteride is only effective for the short term anyway - it might buy you an extra 3 - 5 years at best, that's **** all use to someone who's thinning at 21.