+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Girl made fun of friend for thinning hair

This pissed me off. Went to a little get together for the Super Bowl last weekend meeting up with some old college buddies and coworkers. A guy I know who used to have long dreadlocks recently cut his hair because he started losing it fast and also because he entered the professional working world. Anyways, a chick I know (cute, but ****ing obnoxious) called him out in front of everyone and was like "Oh, your hair is so thin now. You're going bald."

Him:"Um, ok. At least I can take medication to keep what's left.'"
    Girl:"Omg, you boys need to accept it and just cut it short."

What pisses me off is she insulted him in front of everyone, which was very awkward. Then she tells him to "just accept it." This is coming from a chick who had a nose job, veneers, and chin augmentation surgery before the age of 25. She couldn't "accept" having a big nose, crooked teeth, and overbite, but she expects men to just accept going bald and not to do anything about it. Why are medications and procedures to save one's hair looked down upon by some people? No one ever gives someone shit for getting braces, a nose job, or any other number of cosmetic procedures. I had septo/rhinoplasty done after I broke my nose in a carwreck. No one would ever say "Don't get your nose straightened. You should accept having a crooked nose." Or "You shouldn't get braces. You need to accept your crooked teeth." But when it comes to hairloss it's perfectly fine to say "Don't take propecia or get a hair transplant. Shave your head and accept it."

Rant over.

Well I buzzed my hair even shorter recently, personally I really like it and most others have complemented on it and others don't give a f*** where Im based.

But saying that, my manager did point out my hair looked 'thinner' then usual. I threw a chair at her later on for making such a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    But saying that, my manager did point out my hair looked 'thinner' then usual. I threw a chair at her later on for making such a comment.
    Haha. Seems like the appropriate response.

But, back to OP: If the cute girl is saying he should just shave it off, she is probably just offering constructive criticism (even if it is packaged in a dumb, obnoxious, c**t way.)

Yes, we would all opt for hair over thinning or bald. But, if it's between super thinning or bald, I'm choosing bald all day. Nothing tackier than see-through hair (extreme diffusion) over the entire top scalp - I'll never be that dude.

If my hair were at the point of say, Prince William's, I would be no-guarded for sure. And, if I get there, I'll post the pictures to prove it.

this would be my diplomatic response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz0E4IM9ih8

I know, it's such a double standard. It's like it's OK for women to do everything to augment their appearance, but it's not accepted for a guy to do the same thing. Many women think that guys do not care about their appearance as much as they do, and they could not be more wrong. I've had women tell me that I should not care about my own hair loss, yet they go to excessive lengths to ensure that they look outwardly beautiful. That is just total hypocrisy that certain women expect us to accept hair loss and focus on our inner qualities, yet they could never do the same thing themselves. And I'll bet a million dollars that these same women value a full-looking head of hair more than anything when they're looking for a boyfriend/husband.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    And I'll bet a million dollars that these same women value a full-looking head of hair more than anything when they're looking for a boyfriend/husband.
    More than anything? I don't know about that. It's definitely worth something, and to some women it's certainly worth a lot (maybe even more than anything).

I have to disagree that the general consensus for women is that hair is more important than all other attributes in a male suitor. If that were the case, like half the men in the world would never get married, and those who balded after marriage would end in certain divorce.

Again, let me re-iterate: It is important to many women, but to be the most important trait would be a real anomaly.

Inactive

Women are like this because they don't want men to look as good as they do. Being a beautiful man gives you power over women that you cannot even conceive of. They want us to all be ugly, walking ATM's that occasionally satisfy their whorish fantasies with our 8+ inch penises. That's why they find bodybuilders gross and call beautiful men feminine, they cannot accept the idea that men are actually the fairer sex and that, without make-up, most of them resemble a shrunken version of that troll from the Lord of the Rings that attacks the fellowship in the dwarven city.

Example:
    This:

turns into this:

im too drunk currently to read the other replies, but if some bitch has had many reconstructive surgeries and is telling a guy that he is going bald and to accept it, then she is simply covering up her own insecurities by doing so. fact, no argument about it.

she will grow up eventually, but for now shes stuck in her high school state of mind

Balding=aging so they expect a young man to have his ****ing hair a little recession it's not a big problem but anything greater than norwwod 2 is a turn-off end of story!And a norwood 3 in an older man dont look as bad as in a young one.

balding is a curse,a horrible curse.Women comment your balding like you do with chicks.You comment fats and i am sure you had made a comment about a balding guy before you start balding.That's life dont call them bitches cause they probably arenot.You are the ones that suck and anything is sucking gets comments