+ Reply to Thread

Cool New guy on the block

Maybe I should clarify my situation and what I'm looking for. I'm a 66 year old male that has a great amount of donor hair but am receding and thinning on top and especially in back. I'm intrigued by the advancements in hair transplantation. My deal is that it seems like if you get a really talented Dr. in the U.S. and need like 3000 plugs or whatever they call them it's going to cost you a pretty penny. I've been intrigued by the idea that you can go abroad and sort of have a vacation in an exotic location while you have a medical procedure done and still save money. Since a lot of these Dr.s are U.S. trained I'm not too concerned about their ability. There are good and bad everywhere. I guess I'm just trying to find the best deal all the way round.

Thumbs down

That’s a really bad idea!!! Do not do it. Hair transplants are hard to do right. Saving money now will end up costing you much more in the end.

Yikes. With all due respect, I cringed when I read your post. Don't do it man. If you are going to "bargain hunt" or "price shop" for a hair transplant, then I'd say do it under the umbrella of the IAHRS doctors. Why fly abroad? You may get a cheap price, but what if something goes wrong? You may not have any recourse if something goes wrong. In my opinion, hair transplant surgery is one thing you should never "price shop" for.

I agree with the two guys above. Surgery is not something you want to take lightly or have done by some Dr. abroad. Do it right or not at all.