+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Update time at almost 4.5 months.

The biggest thing that encouraged me to write this was that my right temple is expanding. There are hairs growing beyond the temple line that were definitely not there before, and not the worthless blond vellus kind that I have in my hairline corners. However these hairs are not that thick nor are there many of them. Cosmetically they are not really viable at this point....I still comb my hair forward in that region to conceal
    This may also be happening on the left side, but if so it is less obvious (however my left side was stronger to begin with)

As I mentioned already I have a ton of midget blond vellus hairs all the way up to nearly my juvenile hairline. Cosmetically they are worth nothing, they might as well not be there IMO

I feel my hairline corners have taken a bit of a hit in density, especially on one side. Nothing drastic but there is precious little room for error when styling at this time. The hairs that remain there seem thick, so I am hoping whatever has shed will come back stronger (or equally strong at least!)

My crown seems the same. It was not bad to begin with, 2.5+ years of fin and keto did a good job in that region. However I would ideally like it to fill in a bit more because it is still dependent on styling to look normal.

My mid scalp (on top) is the one area I am quite happy about right now vs baseline. It feels thicker than when I started dut. This does give me an extra dimension in my limited styling options, however the disparity in density between it and other scalp areas is annoying

I do not notice sides. Early on I noticed a few things that might or might not have been related to dut: dryer skin, higher libido, maybe something else I forgot. My skin seems better now, but I am drinking major amounts of water so this might have something to do with it. Libido seems around the same I guess....maybe less lately because I have been stressed. Also I have been kind of depressed although it has gotten better the last couple days.

I still take .5mg Avodart every day, 1.25mg fin every day, and use 2% keto shampoo every 3 days. That is basically my whole regimen.

Edit: When I look up close I feel my temples might have taken a slight hit in density like my hairline corners. Strange because the actual temple line is starting to advance, at least on one side, but behind that there might have been a bit of diffuse shedding.
    Annoying. I do not like the thought of losing any more of the frame around my face, I am already handcrafting it as is..

Default Fin vs Dut (again)

For those for whom fin doesn't work (like me), does that mean that we are still getting lots of DHT from type I 5AR?

I mean, fin blocks out most of the DHT from the type II stuff so does it follow that dut would be really effective when fin isn't?

Or is there another source of DHT or another cause of patterned hairloss unrelated to DHT?

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    For those for whom fin doesn't work (like me), does that mean that we are still getting lots of DHT from type I 5AR?

I mean, fin blocks out most of the DHT from the type II stuff so does it follow that dut would be really effective when fin isn't?

Or is there another source of DHT or another cause of patterned hairloss unrelated to DHT?
    Hair loss can come from other causes but the vast majority of men who experience hair loss just have MPB.

It is not clear to me if inhibiting type 1 5-ar actually has any purpose in fighting MPB. I believe Spex once said Merck ran trials on a drug that exclusively blocked type I, and it apparently had no effect on MPB. (However I think they were testing it for acne or something else unrelated to hair)

Either way dut blocks more type II 5-ar than fin, so even if it blocked 0% of 5-ar type 1, it would still theoretically be stronger than fin for MPB. It is also more dose dependent....there is not much difference in taking 1 mg fin vs. 5 mg fin for hair. However there is a definite difference between different dut doses