+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default 5mg Finpecia ordered, pill cutter bought -- it's time

Well, guys, I was just having one of those days. Was in the brightly lit bathroom at work and saw the left side of my hairline (the side I typically aggressively part and comb to the side) was looking see through as ever.

It all of a sudden hit me. I'm sitting here counting the days until my dermatology appointment, and I don't even know if my dermatologist (who is a totally chill sweetheart) is going to prescribe me the 5mg Finpecia pills I am hoping to start taking. I realized, I'd just as well cancel the appointment, order 5mg Finpecia from inhousepharmacy (Cipla brand), and take matters into my own hands.

So, here we are. I paid a meager $27 for 10 pills, which I will cut into 8ths, start taking every other day for the 3 months, and then every day afterwards. I havn't cancelled my derm appointment just yet, but will once the pills arrive so that my derm can fill my time slot in with someone else.

I'm just sick of the thinning in my frontal lobe especially, and seeing the miniaturized hairs fall out every day. The hairs that fall are miniaturized 80% of the time. While I will admit my density looks a bit better than it did ~1.5 months ago, it's still not where I want it.

Just looking for a little support here, guys. I don't want to be setting up $60 follow-up appointments for eternity. I don't want to just hope she prescribes me 5 mg pill. I'm over it. I can see the roots of my hairs turning blonde. It's time to start popping the pill and worry about finishing my Master's and going full-time with my employer instead of my hair. If the fin doesn't fix it, I'll buzz my head and taper off of the pill.

Appreciate any support you guys give, but know I'm pretty set in my ways. Attached are some pics I took with decent resolution to show you why I'm so concerned.

Time to hit the gym harder than I've ever hit it to burn this anxiety away. Need a little peace of mind. I don't want to lose my looks (which feels really shitty to say).

Best regards, compadres.
    Attached Images

BigThinker; were often our own worst critics. Your hair looks great, all things considered. We're always here for support, should you need it.

All the best,
    clandestine

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Well, guys, I was just having one of those days. Was in the brightly lit bathroom at work and saw the left side of my hairline (the side I typically aggressively part and comb to the side) was looking see through as ever.

It all of a sudden hit me. I'm sitting here counting the days until my dermatology appointment, and I don't even know if my dermatologist (who is a totally chill sweetheart) is going to prescribe me the 5mg Finpecia pills I am hoping to start taking. I realized, I'd just as well cancel the appointment, order 5mg Finpecia from inhousepharmacy (Cipla brand), and take matters into my own hands.

So, here we are. I paid a meager $27 for 10 pills, which I will cut into 8ths, start taking every other day for the 3 months, and then every day afterwards. I havn't cancelled my derm appointment just yet, but will once the pills arrive so that my derm can fill my time slot in with someone else.

I'm just sick of the thinning in my frontal lobe especially, and seeing the miniaturized hairs fall out every day. The hairs that fall are miniaturized 80% of the time. While I will admit my density looks a bit better than it did ~1.5 months ago, it's still not where I want it.

Just looking for a little support here, guys. I don't want to be setting up $60 follow-up appointments for eternity. I don't want to just hope she prescribes me 5 mg pill. I'm over it. I can see the roots of my hairs turning blonde. It's time to start popping the pill and worry about finishing my Master's and going full-time with my employer instead of my hair. If the fin doesn't fix it, I'll buzz my head and taper off of the pill.

Appreciate any support you guys give, but know I'm pretty set in my ways. Attached are some pics I took with decent resolution to show you why I'm so concerned.

Time to hit the gym harder than I've ever hit it to burn this anxiety away. Need a little peace of mind. I don't want to lose my looks (which feels really shitty to say).

Best regards, compadres.

i dont want to sound patronising but it looks good man, compared to mine but i suppose its all relative to one self, anyway the 5mg, thats proscar so is it? im using that at the mo and cutting it, bit of a pain but well cheap though.
    im currently off the minox but thinking about going back on it again. hate trying to style it and combover it and what have ya, seems im doing an 80 yr old mans chore at 27!! anyway mate i honestly think it looks good.

Yeah bro, your hair looks great, you can style nicely and it seems you have the face structure to rock with it. Inhousepharm is a legit website, I buy proscar from them and so far it hasn't failed me. Cutting into 8ths its gonna be tricky though but I'm pretty sure your gonna benefit from this, stay positive my friend

Thanks for the support. It really means a lot to me.

I should clarify, I went with Fincar because it's just stupid cheap. It says 5 mg finasteride, so I have to assume that's correct? Will someone confirm this?

Otherwise, again, I appreciate the kind words. I know I have it good (hairwise) relative to a lot of dudes, so I really hate to come off as a whiny punk. Further, I got the bald gene from my dad, who is NW7, and he is the best man I've ever known -- perfectly selfless and supportive -- so, again, I really hate to come off whiny to him.

There's just a piece of me that hurts when I can see through that hairline. And I know it's not getting better.

We'll see about cutting it into 8ths when it gets here -- I'll report on that as well as start my official "Day 1 on Fin".

Just to re-ask: this stuff will do the trick, theoretically, right?

Fincar 5mg (Finasteride)-3 Strips of Fincar (30 Tablets)

Thanks my brothers.

Good luck BT!!!! Hope it works out for you, keep us updated!

Peace! BB

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Thanks for the support. It really means a lot to me.

I should clarify, I went with Fincar because it's just stupid cheap. It says 5 mg finasteride, so I have to assume that's correct? Will someone confirm this?

Otherwise, again, I appreciate the kind words. I know I have it good (hairwise) relative to a lot of dudes, so I really hate to come off as a whiny punk. Further, I got the bald gene from my dad, who is NW7, and he is the best man I've ever known -- perfectly selfless and supportive -- so, again, I really hate to come off whiny to him.

There's just a piece of me that hurts when I can see through that hairline. And I know it's not getting better.

We'll see about cutting it into 8ths when it gets here -- I'll report on that as well as start my official "Day 1 on Fin".

Just to re-ask: this stuff will do the trick, theoretically, right?

Fincar 5mg (Finasteride)-3 Strips of Fincar (30 Tablets)

Thanks my brothers.
    I've never tried it myself but It's made out the same ingredients, so it should work, then again I am not 100% sure . Do some research before buying, go to other hair loss forums. That's what I did before switching to proscar.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I've never tried it myself but It's made out the same ingredients, so it should work, then again I am not 100% sure . Do some research before buying, go to other hair loss forums. That's what I did before switching to proscar.
    I did just that. Sounds like it's just as good. No more worrying from me. Just wait and see if it works.

Inactive

Good luck, mate. Hopefully you can maintain since you can rock the side-part look quite well. I know how frustrating this can all be. I'm on the edge of ordering duta since I REALLY want to stop my hair loss now and possibly regrow. If I recede any further, I won't be able to style my hair as I always have.

I got a question good sir,

Do you shed a lot or some what around your hairline and temple area?