+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

You got decent hair bro, though it has receded. Stay on fin to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    You got decent hair bro, though it has receded. Stay on fin to maintain.
    That's the plan. I'm still shedding pretty good. Let's hope what they say about fin sheds is legit. If so, I'll a good and thick NW 2.5

Fin made Scorpion ripped as f*ck.

So, about 1.5 months in, and I'm shedding like crazy - have been for a week. Almost all hairs shed are miniaturized. Anyone else shed at this point in? Hoping it lets up soon. Sticking with fin regardless.

Also, I upped my dose to 0.833 mg from 0.625 mg a few days ago. Pretty insignificant, but I haven't had a touch of sides for over a month now, so I'm upping it a bit.

Any feedback on the shed would be appreciated.

It is normal man. Hair loss meds are known for pushing hairs into anagen phase early. Most likely they will cycle back into catagen phase after 2-4 months. Just remember if a shed lasts (just an example) 4 months, the hairs that fell out at first might start growing in at the end of the shed, but the ones that fell out at the end of the shed will not be growing until 2-4 months after the shed ends.
    This is why people say give fin a year before passing judgment. If you start shedding at 1.5 months, shed for 4-5 months (again these are just example numbers), and your hairs need 3-4 months to return to growth the phase...that could be 10+ months after starting fin for all your shed hairs to be actively growing at the same time again, and maybe another month or two for them to all be an appreciable length that makes you realize "hey my hair looks better than when I started"

But no one can tell you when exactly you will be back to or above baseline, everyone is different. Some guys say they see improvement after less than half a year definitely

I agree. Ive been on FIN for 2 months and had a shed. I am waiting a year and using concealers in the meantime to bulk up density.

Alright, bros. So, my shedding has chilled out the last two days (which is way too premature to say it's stopped, but it offers a pinch of hope).

My hair has taken a massive hit from the shed, which is part of taking finasteride -- something I knew full and well before embarking.

Anyways, here's my hair soaking wet (painful to see) and dry (still pretty painful), with strong lighting. Getting damn thin up there, boys. I'm cool with it though, I guess. Hopefully, the hundreds of miniaturized hairs I'm shedding every day are planning on being replaced by thicker, stronger versions of themselves. If not, I might have to bust out the clippers by full-on summer time.

That's all for now, gents.
    Attached Images

It doesn't look that bad. I mean compared to the stage mine got yours looks pretty darn good.

I guess all you can do is push on and see if the the shedding stops and it picks up? Rogaine is also another option.

But take it from me, the clippers aint a bad option too bro!

I agree it does not look as bad as I expected. Wet + strong lighting is as bad as it gets for hair cosmetically. I honestly would expect appreciable results from fin in the next 8-12 months and if not, there is also dut.
    You are definitely not one of the guys who just waited too long to make use of meds

New thick hairs coming in.

Compare the new dark hairs to the long, thin, miniaturized ones in my hairline. Hopefully they'll all get replaced.
    Attached Images