+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Kirby's story was very sad but Fin will not make anyone lose hair they would not have lost w/o it
    But if that hair was going to stick around for another 2 - 3 years then it could make all the difference, I mean if you're 28 and you're a NW2 for the next 5 years its not as bad as taking fin and then suddenly climbing to a NW3/4 in 6 months only for your dick to stop working develop breast enalrgement lose complete interest in sex to maintain this NW3/4 state until you're 40 - 50.

Believe me, if finasteride was an 'effective' drug, you can bet your ass i'd be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I think this is a great point, something which I've been saying for years but only now are more people starting to clock on.

It also makes me wonder whether the efficacy statements made by Merck (e.g. 9 out of 10 men respond well) are true or lies, given the history of bullshit coming from this company however I would place my bets on the latter.

But hey, maybe it's not lies, they probably just cherry-picked from their best studies, sugared up the stats a bit and voila! An extra few hundred million added to the balance sheet.
    It's why I haven't touched that shit. If my hairloss is slow/stable right now, why play russian roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    It's why I haven't touched that shit. If my hairloss is slow/stable right now, why play russian roulette.
    I know man, I tried fin, I got sides and it sped up my hair loss.

I got federally DP'd.

It also makes me wonder whether the efficacy statements made by Merck (e.g. 9 out of 10 men respond well) are true or lies, given the history of bullshit coming from this company however I would place my bets on the latter.
    It could be that 90% respond well, but there are 10% that dont.

That means if a million men take the drug. 100,000 will not respond well to it - this is still a significant number.

The real trouble with fin is, is the nature of it. You are ****ing around with your hormone levels. At least with histogen, you are targeting specific areas using stem cells, as opposed to completely altering your hormonal system. And as they are a start up, they will probably pay much more attention to aspects such as safety due to this being their flagship product.

So I am in the 2% that get sides and the 10% that doesnt respond.

FML.

But if that hair was going to stick around for another 2 - 3 years then it could make all the difference, I mean if you're 28 and you're a NW2 for the next 5 years its not as bad as taking fin and then suddenly climbing to a NW3/4 in 6 months only for your dick to stop working develop breast enalrgement lose complete interest in sex to maintain this NW3/4 state until you're 40 - 50.

Believe me, if finasteride was an 'effective' drug, you can bet your ass i'd be on it.
    Agreed.

In your 20s too, time is so precious. I am representing my company at industry ceremonies, and in the spotlight - photographs are taken. If I started fin, went through a horrible shed it could screw my career up. Just dont have time to waste.

I actually skipped fin today. My d*ck and nuts were hanging low all day -- felt good, felt right. I'm definitely going to get back on it, but I think body needs a break. I also am going to go back to low, intermittent doses when I go back. That was my plan in the beginning, but I let the anxiety of hair loss scare me into going 1.25 mg/day instead of respecting my body's hormonal balance.

I'll be honest, the reason I'm doing this is I underperformed with a chick a few weekends ago. Went to her place after bars, got in her hot tub, and I just felt like my d*ck wasn't hanging low -- it felt tight and sucked in (sorry to be blunt).

Afterwards, it took me forever to get hard. Granted, it was like 5AM, I had been drinking in a hot tub after a full night of drinking since like 4 PM. I just didn't feel quite right. I definitely underperformed, although I did perform thankfully.

Funniest thing about all this is the girl was telling me I had nice hair the next morning and proceeded to touch it. I was half drunk still and wasn't put off by it at all. I think I am coming to terms with the state of my hair.

The best thing of all: when I took my shirt off for the hot tub, she asked me if I worked out and was 'mirin my arms -- feeling them up like crazy all night. Never in my life have I been the guy to get attention for his body. Felt so good. The gym is becoming a good addiction that overrides my anxiety from hair loss.

Clothes. Money. Gym.... and, hopefully, hair. For now, I'm taking a break from finasteride and I don't know if I'll ever get back to 1.25 mg/daily. Been off one day and I caught myself eye-balling 45 year old women while my unit was feeling stronger than ever. Placebo effect? I don't know. But, I'm willing to error on the side of caution for once. I'm doing a double dose of minox liquid at night as well until my foam arrives. At that point, I'll go foam in the morning and liquid at night.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I was hesitant to even tell this story, but I feel like it's appropriate.

Man, it is a bit worrying how sides can creep up months after taking it. I started low and vowed to stay on this dose for 6 months before deciding to up it. Also had baseline tests done before and just got another set monday (two months in). Interested to see how much 0.25mg/day cut my DHT. I have zero sides so its tempting to increase my dose.

Thanks for this post broski. It seems like your being honest with yourself, accepting of any possible outcomes, and just letting the chips fall where they may and focusing on what can be controlled. I like that approach, and am trying to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Man, it is a bit worrying how sides can creep up months after taking it. I started low and vowed to stay on this dose for 6 months before deciding to up it. Also had baseline tests done before and just got another set monday (two months in). Interested to see how much 0.25mg/day cut my DHT. I have zero sides so its tempting to increase my dose.

Thanks for this post broski. It seems like your being honest with yourself, accepting of any possible outcomes, and just letting the chips fall where they may and focusing on what can be controlled. I like that approach, and am trying to do the same.
    Thanks, man. I could never confide with my real life friends, so it is nice to get this off my chest somewhere.

I'm not necessarily blaming fin, but I need a little peace of mind. I'm horny less often and my orgasms aren't earth-shattering like they used to. I can't give that shit up. I've experimented with my body aggressively and it's time to experiment with the flip side of the coin.

I just hope I get another shot at this chick when I'm off fin for a week and not brown-out drunk. It'll be a different story then.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I'll be honest, the reason I'm doing this is I underperformed with a chick a few weekends ago. Went to her place after bars, got in her hot tub, and I just felt like my d*ck wasn't hanging low -- it felt tight and sucked in (sorry to be blunt).

Afterwards, it took me forever to get hard. Granted, it was like 5AM, I had been drinking in a hot tub after a full night of drinking since like 4 PM. I just didn't feel quite right. I definitely underperformed, although I did perform thankfully.
    For the love of god no. Damn!

How are you handling taking fin? I mean, do you let all the sides talk get to you? I am not saying you are not getting sides. I just know that although I am a big fin supporter on these forums, that sometimes I let the fear mongers get to me. When I over think about sides that is when I usually get them. When my mind is busy I never get sides, ever. Hopefully you can get back on fin soon and continue the fight.