Threaded View

Default 5mg Finpecia ordered, pill cutter bought -- it's time

Well, guys, I was just having one of those days. Was in the brightly lit bathroom at work and saw the left side of my hairline (the side I typically aggressively part and comb to the side) was looking see through as ever.

It all of a sudden hit me. I'm sitting here counting the days until my dermatology appointment, and I don't even know if my dermatologist (who is a totally chill sweetheart) is going to prescribe me the 5mg Finpecia pills I am hoping to start taking. I realized, I'd just as well cancel the appointment, order 5mg Finpecia from inhousepharmacy (Cipla brand), and take matters into my own hands.

So, here we are. I paid a meager $27 for 10 pills, which I will cut into 8ths, start taking every other day for the 3 months, and then every day afterwards. I havn't cancelled my derm appointment just yet, but will once the pills arrive so that my derm can fill my time slot in with someone else.

I'm just sick of the thinning in my frontal lobe especially, and seeing the miniaturized hairs fall out every day. The hairs that fall are miniaturized 80% of the time. While I will admit my density looks a bit better than it did ~1.5 months ago, it's still not where I want it.

Just looking for a little support here, guys. I don't want to be setting up $60 follow-up appointments for eternity. I don't want to just hope she prescribes me 5 mg pill. I'm over it. I can see the roots of my hairs turning blonde. It's time to start popping the pill and worry about finishing my Master's and going full-time with my employer instead of my hair. If the fin doesn't fix it, I'll buzz my head and taper off of the pill.

Appreciate any support you guys give, but know I'm pretty set in my ways. Attached are some pics I took with decent resolution to show you why I'm so concerned.

Time to hit the gym harder than I've ever hit it to burn this anxiety away. Need a little peace of mind. I don't want to lose my looks (which feels really shitty to say).

Best regards, compadres.
    Attached Images